Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: crappie boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie boat

do you think this style of boat would sell as a crappie boat. in todays market bass boats rule they are usually 19-30k. the reason im asking im considering of bringing this style of boat back. if i get enough good feed back ill sell new packages boat motor trailer for 12k. it will come complete with 20-25 HP motor,trolling motor, and livewell,and bait well. my livewell in this boat will keep the fish alive for 3-7 days. i'm interested in building for the working man and ill also sell just the hull for alot less if you have a donor boat for stuff like motors,etc. ill build the boats here at my home 1 at a time and ill put a 5 year warenty on the (hull) boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards sfbandit. IMO, the bass boats arent necessarily what you'll have to compete with. Rather the bass Tracker boats. I havent looked but I believe they come with a 40-50 hp motor and are complete with everything to fish (boat,motor, and trailer, electronicss, etc).

I'm a firm believer almost ANY boat can be set up for a person's style of crappie fishing. Whether you long line troll, spider rig, night fish, or just drift fishing. From the picture, the boat you have would make someone a fine crappie boat. In today's economic times, all I can say is good luck with the sales.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. I agree with gabowman. Tracker/Fisher make nice crappie boats, one model has two round minnow bucket live wells and at least a 50 hp motor. The crappie tournament guys still use bass boats, 200 hp, etc. Your boat will work just fine as may others. A friend of mine, for instance, fixed up a 16' john boat that is one of the nicest crappie boats I've seen. In any case, I wish you good luck in your venture. Keep us posted.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently went from an aluminum 16/48 stick steer to a 18' bass boat with 150hp. Bad back and knees were big factors, but travel time was another. Small motors add some time to the trip. In a tournament situation that means you have to have more spots set up cuz someone might be in it. But the economy has folks being more frugal with the dollars and I used to make 5 or 6 trips on 6 gallons. I like your boat, and believe that you won't have much trouble marketing them to the every day fisherman. They're stable and easy to load and unload, a big plus for some. Good luck in your endeavor, Hope it takes off running. Welcome to the most complete forum for Crappie fishing there is. Tight lines.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lancer Crappie Boat

If you can sell them, buy from me and you will not have to tool up to make them.

Monk Monk's Crappie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sfbandit View Post
    do you think this style of boat would sell as a crappie boat. in todays market bass boats rule they are usually 19-30k. the reason im asking im considering of bringing this style of boat back. if i get enough good feed back ill sell new packages boat motor trailer for 12k. it will come complete with 20-25 HP motor,trolling motor, and livewell,and bait well. my livewell in this boat will keep the fish alive for 3-7 days. i'm interested in building for the working man and ill also sell just the hull for alot less if you have a donor boat for stuff like motors,etc. ill build the boats here at my home 1 at a time and ill put a 5 year warenty on the (hull) boat.
    i like the recessed front on boats like that. it really makes shooting docks easier. if you start making them i would be interested in looking at them. i currently have 4 older boats that are the raised deck bassboat style . i would probably sell them and try to buy something like you are talking about making. i hope things go well for you in this venture. they everyday fisherman needs a reasonably priced rig.

Post Thanks / Like

i only said 20-25 due to price of motors i can order any size motor but ill have to find ways to make up for price. i believe this style of boat can hold motors in the 75-80 hp range but a 20-25 hp will move the boat on a plane. iam also thinking of changing a few things like the stringer to make room for a built in gas tank @30 gal. im set up with suzuki right now and can get motors at 27% off, a dealer only gets 20% off .

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see more pics or have some better idea of the layout. I like the recessed front deck idea as well. What would the rear area look like? Room for plenty of rods for spider rigging? How wide will it be? Wide enough for 2 across in the front? Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

nice boat monkscrappie but to expensive for me i can build them cheaper. how ever i guess i could also sell yours but my profit margin would be in question, as the whole reason is to make an affordable boat for crappie, and the weekend warrior who cant afford a high dollar rig. went fishing today i caught 23 bream and 12 crappie on some grub worms.didnt think to bring a camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see 2 seats in front side by side.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast