Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: another gun-help me pick

Post Thanks / Like

Default another gun-help me pick

Doing some work for someone and get a choice of 1 of 3 handguns.

1) older S&W .22 revolver-silver w/wood grips,7"? barrel...CTG on barrel-older and shows wear..locks up tight and smooth.

2) ruger security six .357,2"barrel..black and plastic?grips-like new

3)ruger blackhawk .357,6-7" barrel,black w/wood grips-like new

.22 would get used the most for plinking,and ammo is cheap,the stubby would be good for CCW or nightstand,the blackhawk is just a bad ass gun,possible good for the range or hunting?

I have no emotional ties to them-I can look at it as an investment,heirloom,re-sale for something I want,a new "toy"

Any comments/opinions/suggestions welcome.
    Looked on gun-broker..the s/w seems to be in the 500$ range,the others 400$..but its hard to tell without having the guns in front of me..so many varients.

Fire away:D

Post Thanks / Like

I like #2 or 3. You can put .38s in them to plink with or .357 normally.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I have the security six, I love it and would pick that one.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm with you #3 would probably be my choice. i carry a tarus 357 for 15yrs. i like the 357 so i can shoot 38's from it. but theres something about the BOOM! from a small hand cannon that makes ya smile!,,,lol
    Got crappie?:D

Post Thanks / Like

I would pick up #3 also!!!
    Bobby Garland Pro Staff Bass Pro Shop Pro Staff
    Hi-Tek Pro Staff
    Denali Rods Pro Staff Road Runner Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Id have to go with #3 as well, I have a blackhawk in 45 LC and love it, I `ve had the sec 6 before too and liked it the double action feature would be nice but I`d be leaning more toward the Blackhawk
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the Blackhawk! Too small for hunting deer IMO but would be much more pleasant to shoot than the 2", and don't have much use for a .22 pistol.

Post Thanks / Like

I vote #3.

I have a Ruger Blackhawk .357 and it is a great revolver. Like Sothunfried said, I put .38 Specials for plinking. I put .357's in there at the house in case any body breaks in and needs killin.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default All of them.

But if I had to pick one it would be #3 also.

Post Thanks / Like

Cook I Need To Come Up And Go To Work With You! Lol! Go With #3 Get You Some Hogue Rubber Grips For It And Some .38 Specials. With A 6 Or 7 Inch Barrel You Can Use It For Deer Hunting With .357 Loads. I Have A .357 That I Put 220 Grain Loads In For Hunting. And Then I Use .38 Specials To Plink With. What I Have Is A S&w 686 Aka The Old Missouri Highway Patrol Special. You Remember What The Missouri Highway Patrol Used To Carry With The Large Wood Grips And The 4 Inch Barrel. I Bought It Used Several Years Ago Never Could Shoot It Very Good Until I Put A Pair Of Hogue Rubber Grips On It. Now It Shoots Great. Sounds Like A Cannon Going Off With .357 Loads In It. When I Want To Plink With .357 Loads I Use 110 Grain Shells.

That Number #2 With That Short Barrel Will Be Like A M-80 Going Off In Your Hand With .357 Loads In It.

I Have A .22 Auto For Plinking. If You Don't Have A .22 Check Out Some Of The Pawn Shops. My Step Son Says He Has Been Seeing Some Great Deals Up Around Kc. Alot Of People Are Pawning Guns Right Now Due To Loosing Their Jobs.