Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help on where to put structure!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help on where to put structure!

I am planning on placing some structure in this lake tommorrow afternoon. I have 12 pvc condos ready to drop. This is a public county lake and I have permission to place them I just need some help on where.
    I was thinking about dropping them about 15-18 feet at the north west end.
    Directly out from the slough that goes out to the west.
    What do Yall think?

Here is a link to the map - the file is too large to post directly.
    http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/fishing/.../bibb/bibb.pdf

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on water. Clear depth sounds good , if dingy I would consider shallower (6' to 10') next to channel edge.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

The water is a little dingy. Most waters here in central Alabama will have a visibility around 4-5 feet.
    Also, I am looking to place these for mostly year round fishing. Except the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a while since I have fished Bibb county lake and if I remmember correctly there wasn't that much structre their anyway so it should help the fish where ever you put it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fultondalecrappie View Post
    It has been a while since I have fished Bibb county lake and if I remmember correctly there wasn't that much structre their anyway so it should help the fish where ever you put it.
    The lake managers have placed a bit of structure any several places. Mostly tree tops. None is marked and they are very vague about where. I would like to place some where I know where they are. Alot of these lake when built were cleared out leaving not much for structure.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish some cedars in 12 to 25 fow and the fish come and go thru it now that it's hot, but when they're there, they're usually in good numbers. They're at the mouth of a slough. I would find a slough and start in about 4fow more than your structure is tall and work my way deeper and create a fencerow type of setup. I have some wood I'll be using as structure and this is my plan. Sand em some and they grow algae quicker.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around