Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a Bummer!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a Bummer!!!!

I got quite a surprise when I got in from fishing yesterday. Went to my computer and found I no longer had a link to Photobucket, nor could I "see" any of my pics that I had posted on this and another site. Got "Ad-Aware" on line and they found 14 of what they described as malicious spyware. I had them get rid of them and I exited their site, rebooted and immediately got my link back to Photobucket to post my catch on the boards. Little did I know what I would find. I was so absorbed in getting my computer right, I never read what was posted there in front of me. I was shocked to see the rhubarb that was going down, and especially the members involved in it. It's my opinion that disagreements should be settled in private, as in PM's, e-mail, or phones. I thought that as much as everyone liked this site, it would be an easy decision to take it somewhere else. Now, I'm not a real smart guy, but I don't s##t in my favorite nest. I like this site, and I like the people that hang out here. I can't even imagine what a guest would think coming in and seeing that in progress. I made it a point to check if any of the LA members got involved, and I was glad to not see any. Thanks to the LA members, I appreciate your common sense to not get involved, and all the rest of members that did the same. The first thing Ed asks when we sign on is that we don't settle our dissagreements on the site. I think everyone has heard it many times, so why do it? Some of the guys involved I looked up to, they are professionals in their trades, and if I'm not mistaken one of them is a moderator! Personal attacks are sin #1 here, and there was much of it going on. To their benefit, there were a few members trying to placate the situation, but to no avail. Thanks go to you guys for trying. As to the personal attacks on Tom (Canepole) he did what a gentleman should, "not answer the posts!" "Tom, you're the better man to not get involved." For many of us, this is the place to make friends, chat, enjoy the stories and the "electronic" company, and to post our pics....and maybe brag just a little on our catch. If someone rubs you the wrong way, you have the option to select "ignore" and go about your business. If you just got to get it off your chest, do it privately. If you are on the site, you have available both PM and e-mail.....use it!

On a closing note.....as much as we like the site, lets not drag it down. There are many other sites that you can do that on and nobody cares. If I had young children I wouldn't like to have to explain to them what they saw. And I certainly wouldn't classify what happened as "fun!!" No, I'm not a monitor on the main forum, but I am a member of this site and I have a say in this just like you do. I don't want to lose any friends here, but rules are rules. If my opinions are getting me crosswise with any member here, I too have Private Messages and an email address in my profile page. Use them! My feelings won't be hurt, so take your frustrations out on me. I'd rather see it on my computer than on our site. Don't hold back, I might even come back with a sassy retort or two. I won't reply to posts of an attacking nature to this message in order to keep any more personal attacks off this site, but I want everyone to read this and know I'll be here if they want to sound off to me. As it drops down I'll bump it up a couple times.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

LaB, I'm actually only now catching up to the crazyness that has come to the board. I'd like us not to dwell on it and get on with conversations of fishing. I thank you Bill for portraying the right attitude towards the use of the board. As an FYI, I've banned some members just so that I can get to the root of the issues and I've also moved many of the messages elsewhere, where only I can read them. Anyway, it'll take me till tomorrow I think to weed through these issues, so if you've been banned inadvertantly, I appologise, I'm just trying to slow things down so I can catch up.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Crappie Fishermen are still the very best.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I don't envy your position ed. It's not an easy thing to hold one person accountable. Wish you the best......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    I don't envy your position ed. It's not an easy thing to hold one person accountable. Wish you the best......
    So do I. One job I would not like to have right now.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm just thankful

For a place to learn what I can about the hobby I most love, and for someone to keep it inline with what it's for.
    Thanks Ed, and all the moderators for making it good for all, pros and novices.
    I'll continue to read what I can to learn what I can and enjoy the benefits of someone more knowledgeable than I to make my fishing enjoyable and productive.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be just fine. What's nice about this board's software is, you can ban people for a certain time frame. So on this occasion, because of all the slinging of "you know what", I decided to ban a number of individuals at once, just to let them cool off. And hopefully when they decide to come back to the board, they'll stay focused on fishing, not bitching and pointing fingers.

Again I want to appologise to everyone for having to put up with this, and I thank you all for your patience.
    Last edited by Slab; 10-09-2005 at 08:56 AM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    It'll be just fine. What's nice about this board's software is, you can ban people for a certain time frame. So on this occasion, because of all the slinging of "you know what", I decided to ban a number of individuals at once, just to let them cool off. And hopefully when they decide to come back to the board, they'll stay focused on fishing, not bitching and pointing fingers.

Again I want to appologise to everyone for having to put up with this, and I than you all for your patience.

Thank you for having this site for us to use.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie.com is the only site I visit dailey. I recommend it to everyone I meet. Great bunch of people all over the country. It would be a shame for a few to mess it up for all. Good job ED. I watched what was going on and refused to post any comments because it was so stupid and asinine that it didn't warrent comment. I'm glad you took the steps that you did, ED, and support your efforts. Now, back to fishing and fellowship.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Ed. Thanks. lol
    Today is a great day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast