Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still a squirrel

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Still a squirrel

Hey all,
    I changed my screen name due to the fact that I have never really liked the screen name "squirrels", but it is still Chris. I just wanted to post 1 question a year and a half ago, and never thought I would post 350 more and have to be a squirrel forever...
    Didn't want to confuse anybody with the change...:D Still plan to post stupid questions, jokes that aren't funny, and talk about a lake that pretty much nobody fishes. Thanks for putting up with me for this long. Looking forward to many more posts with a much more suave screen name.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard "FT", but you'll always be a SQUIRREL to me!!:D (you are a great poster by the way)
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Taxi, enjoy your postings, keep up the good work. Perhaps we all might enjoy a suds together.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great name. I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, it's good that you get on here and post. There are so few of us Crappie fishers west of Topeka. Of course we probably have a higher per person keeper catch average. I have never seen a post by anyone west of me here in Salina. Gotta be some Crappie folks out there.
    Chris, be sure and let us know when the fall Crappie get going at Tuttle. I know some good anglers over in Manhattan who catch some slabs there but they are most tight lipped guys around.

Post Thanks / Like

ksfish you are going to have to show me how to catch fish out there around Salina one of these days. My wife is from there and we are out there almost 1x a month to visit her parents. Her dad does not have a clue on fishing and only wants to go if it is at night and involves beer. Needless to say he does not enjoy the fishing but just more the company and beer. We have been out to Milford a few times to chase the whites and wipers during a summer evening, but I have never been on Wilson yet (Those smallies are calling my name) and I hear now that Kanapolis is back up fishing there is pretty good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Chad...Kanopolis has always been good for the Whites and Saugeyes but we now have a couple year classes of Crappies coming on for the next couple years. Wilson is a great Walleye lake with a good bite year around. The lake has come back up the past two years and may offer some fantastic Black Crappie fishing. Smallies are always good when water is above 50 degrees. Right now they are in the weed beds jumping on surface baits like Zoom Horney Toads.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody!

Ksfish99, the crappie fishing at tuttle creek IS a well kept secret. In fact, I didn't even know there WAS a crappie bite on Tuttle Creek until last Fall. I moved here in '95!!! I think they have taken an oath of silence or something... Wanna see one of them blush and get fidgety? Just ask what the crappie bite is like at Tuttle. It's RIDICULOUS! Even guys who will tell you about catfish, saugeye, whites and wipers will clam up on the crappie fishing so fast it is unbelievable!

I saw the heaviest stringer of crappies I have ever seen come from there last Fall when I unexpectedly "dropped in" on my neighbor. I saw the distinctive trail of his livewell draining all the way up the hill to his house. There were 10 fish in the livewell and 15" was the smallest. Unfortunately, he's no stool pigeon either. He won't tell me S***!

All I can do is promise to tell you (all) when I start seeing the daily livewell trail coming up the hill. I haven't ever fished the main lake for crappies, only a couple times for whites.

Post Thanks / Like

In response to my own post (and Ksfish99), if anybody ever wants to try Tuttle creek for crappies, I am game. I promise though, I am NOT holding back information. I honestly know NOTHING about when, where, and how guys are catching these crappies.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

kewl, I changed my name just after joining.

good luck on fishing. It seems to be alot harder than it looks. I'm 0:5 for trips to fish.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast