HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best trail camera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best trail camera

Need to buy a camera. would like input on whats best out there

Looking at a cuddeback
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can only speak about what I have tried. I have a moultrie, triggered by infered heat, 100% worthless, sat out entire season, went through 3 batteries and not one picture.

Wildview, $39 special, priceless. catches everything. I have pics of coons, possams, deer, bucks. squirrels, birds you name it. If it moves in front of the camera it gets it picture made. gives date and time. batteries are a pain, I think 6 c batteries but they last 5/6weeks. I got it from sportrsmans guide. I can see every picture just fine and it is only like 1.2m. All I want to know is what went by and at what time (and how big)!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default If I was buying one

I would check out the scottguard or the new bushnell,I have use the scottguard camera for over an year now and have had no problem with it.I have only had to replace the battery one time and have taken thousand of pictures.The new bushnell camera is basically the same camera as the scottgruad but it comes with a two year warrent,they both cost about the same as a cuddback an have just as fast or faster trigger speed.
    some more infohttp://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=85 Chasingame.com: HCO Scoutguard Camera Reviews

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a good forum for trail camera talk...

- Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors (JHO)
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I have a moultree, it works great once it "wakes up"... I can walk right next to it and be 6ft past it before it snaps the pic, but after that first wake up picture, it doesn't miss a thing. Paid 100 bucks for it at academy.. Bought a cuddeback "no flash" it doesn't miss a pic, some of the night time pics aren't very clear, but the daytime pics look like high definition pics.. It eats up batteries though. I paid 360 bucks for it and often feel I should have just bought 3 more of the moultries instead. And as for the "red" infrared lights, they say the animals can't see them.... thats bull... watch this clip and tell me that deer didn't see them red lights.. 8 pt buck video video by jlaughlin72 - Photobucket
    Another observation that I noticed is that the Energizer 6v square batteries are not fully charged when you buy them. The rechargable batteries from walmart lasted much longer for me. In my deer feeders, the new Energizer batteries show about 2/3 charge when first hooked up.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

moultrie #1 in my eyes i have 17 of them

Post Thanks / Like

All I ever owned is Moultrie, I have no problems with the four I own. I buy mine at Bass Pro when they go on sale for around $70.00, so I can buy three or four Moultrie cameras for the price of one Cuddeback. I have got a lot of great pictures with my cameras.