Got this from a customer today, nice little article I think

Hi Jessica, I had a great experience yesterday with the DaFly &LuvNub, which inspired me to write the enclosed new article! You'll read about my adventure in the first few paragraphs, but am REALLY glad I waited to do this piece until after I tried this technique with Da Fly!!! Wow,2 stories in one week - those microspoons are so hot that they're actually inspiring me to work!! Take care, John

SPOONIN' UP THE LUV NUBS
John McKean

As I began casting my bright new Luv Nub and triangular bodied DaFly combo, I couldn't help but reflect on the words of the best bass fisherman I've ever known, the late Earl Cartwright. On a similar sunny August afternoon some years back, our boat bound discussion, during a lull in the bassin', revolved around the most successful largemouth angler HE had encountered throughout his 80 years in the sport.

"Vic Simovich was absolutely legendary around our Akron (Ohio) waterways," replied Earl, "he ALWAYS produced limits of 5+ pounders when others went skunked! Yet he carried only ONE lure, all sizes and colors, in his big tackle box!!

Earl described the sub surface bait as a flat, wide shovel style metal head possessing sturdy wire weedguard arms and a colorful, ever active rubber skirt. Apparently Mr. Simovich would use the typical heavy casting gear of that time to toss this heavy lure back among partially submerged fallen trees, log jams, and other deadfalls. He'd then carefully work the slow sinking wiggler right over the snaggy areas, allow it to dip under, and continue just below the surface in water beyond. Strikes were enormous!

I couldn't get the thought out of mind that my DaFly,with its spade shape and undulating Luv Nub tail, which had been carefully eyeballed while reminescing, just had to look a lot like Simovich's "secret weapon". But, it turned out, I wasn't watching alone - a very large shadow silently glided from the shallow lily pads nearby, took a gander at the spiraling, slowly descendending little morsel, and calmly lapped it up! Thank goodness he took right next to shore, or my biggest bass of the season would have severly challenged the wispy 4 pound test mono! Just then,however, I KNEW what ole Vic must have witnessed so often back in the '50s!

Lately I've been playin' with various soft plastic tails behind the jumbo sized Microspoon and DaFly in the pursuit of local largemouth bass. But when Keith came up with his brand new "Luv Nub" trailers, I knew my search for the ideal plastic tail was over! These colorful little gems have the perfect size to fit "just right" to the spoons ( I guess that was to be expected from the inventor!) and have a perfectly coordinated action along with the spoon's darting and wobble. The unique eyes give the touch of ultimate realism, and the profile matches robust little minnows such as chubs and suckers, a healthy, appetizing leech, or the delicious gobies in the Great Lakes.

In fishing the Luv Nub and spoon, I take pains to make sure the tail hangs as straight as possible from the rear of the blade. Action for both the spoon and the tail are greatly enhanced this way, as contrasted to a trailer that is allowed to stray up at an angle. If need be, I repin the Luv Nub back on the hook ,until I arrive at the ultimate ,natural action.

Mostly I just retreive my Mic-Luv slow and steady, slightly below the surface, allowing it to drop on semi-slack line near any form of cover. Especially with DaFly, this tiny bait seems to have a mind of its own as it "knuckleballs" and glides into areas we fishermen could never think of reaching! It probes beneath floating weeds or pads, swims back under docks, and spirals around submerged wood! Amazingly,the construction of Microspoons with the wide metal bodies and tiny,sharp hooks, is such that they're virtually weedless and snagless around any cover,yet instantly nail any intruder who decides to thwart their jaunty little dive!!

As one of my jig fishing mentors used to implore, "Don't overplay Nature!" Let the Microspoon led Luv Nub do its own thing,without attempting to add extra jerks or unnecessary motion. This is one bait that will "do its own thing" way better than we fishermen can ever imagine! I can still envision one nice largemouth that spotted me near shore and was spooked into diving into weed cover right at my feet -nonetheless, by letting the nervous tailed microspoon drift on its own into that hidey hole with him, Mr. Bass couldn't resist the snack!

Oh, by the way, don't blame me if your new Microspoon and Luv Nub is ravished by high leaping trout, jumbo sized crappies, or ferocious pike, instead of just bass! Send all such complaints (and photos!!) to Keith and Jessica!

This article may not be reposted to ANY other website with out written permission by the author