Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a hot tip on Saugeyes but...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a hot tip on Saugeyes but...

we decided to try the Crappies first at CG. Dang slabs kept us from the eyes but it was fun. They ate up our Slab Busters and Wooly Beavertails. 35 met mr. electric knife.

12 ft on the dam. If we had been using KY rig...probably would have been home 4 hours earlier. Talked to a local who said the morning bite was better. He said he had 19 this morning with a couple 15's and all others that he kept were at least 12's.
    2 days in a row where we got side tracked from our mission by Crappies:D
    If I go to Milford Wiper fishing tomorrow and catch Crappies...then I will know something weird is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

NICE!!! Whenever you fry 'em up, nobody will know the difference anyway.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob!!! Headed to Fall River Lake this weekend. Be-a-bustin' piles widd the KY rig, pullin cranks across chanels & now bouncin' jigs on rocks. Bigguns gota be sumwhere:D:D:D <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    Thanks Bob!!! Headed to Fall River Lake this weekend. Be-a-bustin' piles widd the KY rig, pullin cranks across chanels & now bouncin' jigs on rocks. Bigguns gota be sumwhere:D:D:D <*)}}}><

Chatt, we are heading down to Fall River Friday morning and will be there til Monday night. I am hoping to hook up with Drifter at least one day. Hopefully the rain does not beat that place down in the next couple of days. I struggle finding crappie when the lake muddies up. Are you staying somewhere down there?
    LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO FISH WITHOUT BEER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ksfish99 View Post
    we decided to try the Crappies first at CG. Dang slabs kept us from the eyes but it was fun. They ate up our Slab Busters and Wooly Beavertails. 35 met mr. electric knife.

12 ft on the dam. If we had been using KY rig...probably would have been home 4 hours earlier. Talked to a local who said the morning bite was better. He said he had 19 this morning with a couple 15's and all others that he kept were at least 12's.
    2 days in a row where we got side tracked from our mission by Crappies:D
    If I go to Milford Wiper fishing tomorrow and catch Crappies...then I will know something weird is going on.

You are on a roll!! Let us know how the wiper fishing goes at Milford? Do you site fish using top water or troll?

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the water temp there? Guessing you were fishing next to the concrete at the dam?
    May have to try it here also.
    Nice fish.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

HV, staying at the Townsman #19 Fri. & Sat. Got the Packman :D & buddies terrorizing locals & fish Sat. & Sun. Maybe we should hook-up Fri.??? Should be there by 8am. Will put in at the E. dam ramp. Cell #785-312-0945
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    HV, staying at the Townsman #19 Fri. & Sat. Got the Packman :D & buddies terrorizing locals & fish Sat. & Sun. Maybe we should hook-up Fri.??? Should be there by 8am. Will put in at the E. dam ramp. Cell #785-312-0945
    That sounds great. If it rains I am going to spend the weekend putting out brush. No matter what I will spend at least one day on that.

Post Thanks / Like

HV, wood dose be privi or Cors piles:D:D:D Be glad to help. Gona be bringin some PVC buckets too. Got my new HDS-8 anda want to see how well it shows dem. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Hairy...this time of year we look for the surface action at Milford. We also work some banks with big Chug Bugs and spinner baits where we have caught fish before. Last Friday never did see any surface activity but have had several reports of morning and evening surface activity. It gets a lot more consistant in Sept and Oct. There can be an all day surface bite on overcast days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast