Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish attractants

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish attractants

Is there a site on the net that shows in detail how to build good crappie attractors like stake beds, pvc trees and such?

slab_seeker Guest

Default Try here.

http://www.thecrappiekiller.com/killer_stuff.html

Go to the bottom of the page for a Crappie condo made from pallets.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Is there a site on the net that shows in detail how to build good crappie attractors like stake beds, pvc trees and such?
    Last edited by slab_seeker; 09-16-2004 at 05:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We all need to start puting some pictures of our attractors on this web site so we can all get some new ideas. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well I wonder if the Crappie World Magazine would mind if we scanned a picture

If not for copy right laws I would scan a picture or two out of some magazines and post then in here. I don't have a digital camera and the scanner belongs to my neighbor. He has a video camera which I could borrow. I took a picture of a 13" long White Crappie that I caught using his camera to take the picture. So far I have not been able to get his computer's memory card (Dazzle) reader installed properly on his computer so that we can download the pictures from his camera. Long story on how I spend 5 hours trying to figure out how to install the drivers for the Dazzle Card reader which is USB connected to the computer. It should have been easy but he didn't have the manual. All he had was the disk. The disk had the manual in Adobe PDF file but he didn't have Adobe Reader on his computer. I had to go to the adobe site and download the reader and install it so that I could read the manual online. Then I tried to read the readme.txt file but his computer was missing the notepad.exe file that read all txt files. I gave up about that time and went back home. LOL I should go back and have him call the idiot that formatted and reinstalled Windows 98 on my neighbors computer and ask him what the hell he did with the notepad.exe file that comes with windows 98!. Damn Computers!! LOL I am glad that my computer is not that bad.

So if I get his card reader working I mean to take a lot of pictures to post in here for everyone.

I just finished making a Propane lantern holder for my boat that is very similar to the umbrella holder that I made last month. I want to take pictures of them and post in here for you all to see.

I modified some 1/16oz lead head jigs and made them weedless by adding a 3/4" lenght of 40lb test fishing line to the jig. I drilled a 1/32" hole in the jig head with my dremel tool and then stuck the line in the hole and glued it with a drop of superglue. The fishing line is sticking out from the jig head and is positioned right in front of the jig's hook. That way if a brush or stick hits the fishing line (40lb test) before the hook gets stuck. The line causes the jig to bounce off the obstruction and I don't loose as many jigs to hangup's like I did. I posted a picture of that weedless jig in here a while back. I put the jig in the scanner and scanned the image which turned out nicely.

Someday I plan on getting a good digital camera. Maybe if I can sell my Pentax LX camera body to someone for what I paid for it I could get a nice professional digital Pentax Camera body. LOL Fat chance of doing that even on EBAY!. I have 4 Pentax lenses that fit the new and old camera bodies so that is why I wan't the Pentax Digital camera that works with my SLR lenses.
    The only one that does is the Pentax digital professional camera body.

Tonight my portable drills battery charger failed. I am trying to take it apart and figure out why it won't charge my 12 V DC Black&Decker batteries for my drill. It just seems that nothing last these days.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer
    We all need to start puting some pictures of our attractors on this web site so we can all get some new ideas. CF
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default check out this site

Check out www.crappieunlimited.com

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Dock Shooter

Post Thanks / Like

hey crappie seeker, here's a good site on building those crappie codos/ brush piles along with telling you how to build them they include the basics of pretty much everything that anyone would need to know. Also they tell you good methods of how to fish those condos.

http://www.boats.com/content/default...contentid=2217
    Early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
    :cool: