Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Tournament?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Midwest Tournament?

We all know that Missouri ranks #1 in the midwest for crappie fishing but I wish one of you guys would get a midwest tournament trail going. I recieved an email from Van Vactor of CUSA for 2010 and it is not appealing. With the amount of crappie fisherman in Missouri, southern Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and western Kansas, I believe we could put together a good circuit. I have fished Truman, LOZ, and Mark Twain. Throw Table and Stockton in and I would understand why you guys don't want to leave the state. I would have to throw in Shelbyville, Lake Decatur-even though it is a tough lake and Rend on the Illinois side. We know what Iowa has and I am assuming eastern Kansas fishes Truman. I would also throw in the Mississippi river at the tri state corner because I have caught tons of extremely large fish there and the locals have a great secret. The ohio river is another possibility.

If you could find a way to get everyone to fish the circuit and not just there home lakes it would be a great circuit. We have 2 clubs that I know of in Illinois, Springfield Crappie Club, and Southern Il crappie association, and both have around 50-80 members. I belong to the Springfield club and I know our members fish tourneys at Twain so I am sure they would be willing to go further. This is an open discussion and I want to hear your opinions on whether it would work or not. I don't see Cusa lasting much longer up here and Crappie Masters is a little too spread out.
    Last edited by sparky197; 09-01-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure you mean eastern kansas instead of western. Sure the east side travels to truman tourney or not. Thats one exceptional lake

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I meant eastern kansas, west mo..
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

At one time CAST had the best lakes covered in the midwest and sadly they pulled the plug on there circuit. I hope they start back up one day or someone starts up simular to them. They mostly fished Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas they might of had one or two in Illinios also. I really enjoyed fishing with Tim and Todd that ran CAST, no long drawn out seminars and they weigh-ins and payouts went fast afterwards. Our club had a open tournament on Ozarks and was drawing more boats than CUSA on the same lake. You all might be suprised to see where Crappiemasters is fishing next year in Missouri.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright Ted what is the inside scoop on the Crappie Masters schedule for next year. I have been checking every week or so to see if the have posted the 2010 schedule. We are going to fish a few of them next year to try and qualify for the championship. Shoot me a PM if you know when they are going to post it or know some of the lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Truman June 26th
    Classic Truman Oct 5-9
    Stockton April 10th
    LOZ April 16-17
    MTL Aug 21st??????????

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Sounds great. How about a one pole?

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest problem that I know of with any so called "professional" tournaments and I think your idea would qualify as one, if you want really good payouts, you need really good sponsorship from the locals at that particular lake. There is no telling what Bucksaw spends a year for Crappie Masters and so on. Can something like you suggested survive solely on entry fees? I dont know but this would be in my opinion the biggest obstacle.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Wow. Sounds great. How about a one pole?
    Last I heard was maybe Mark Twain or Arkansas some where, not Truman for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post
    There is no telling what Bucksaw spends a year for Crappie Masters and so on.
    Must be enough that they had Crappiemasters force people to buy breakfast tickets at the last tournament.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73 View Post
    Last I heard was maybe Mark Twain or Arkansas some where, not Truman for sure.

Must be enough that they had Crappiemasters force people to buy breakfast tickets at the last tournament.
    You just had to bring that up. I am still a little ticked about that. And you thought I was kidding ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast