Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Brother

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Brother

Last April, my younger brother Steve, had a heart attack. 3 stints were installed and after just a short hospital stay, sent home. EVERYTHING was just fine and we all said how wonderfull how quickly all this came to pass. Almost exactly 1 week later as he was out in his tractor, a blood clot enter his heart and it stopped. My other brother, Joe, was there and saw it happen. The tractor ran into his pickup and stopped. Joe ran over to see him slumped over the steering wheel, not breathing. Drug him out and started CPR while Steve's wife called 911. 200 compessions were preformed till the paramedics arrived. At the hospital they induced a coma for fear of brain damage from lack of oxygen. As time passed, the fear of brain damage has become a reaility. Insurances have stopped. We have sold all his buffalo and preparing to sell his farm too to pay for the extended health care, which may NEVER end. Trying daily to fine some other aids to help and maybe force to divorce, this SUCKS!!!! There seems to be Government help but, you must be destitute to get it. They are getting there FAST!!!! So, September, 12th, at Johnnie's Bar, in N. Lawrence, there will be a auction, food sale and items raffled to help my brother Steve & family. I was to raffle a guide trip but, was printed wrong and it will be auctioned. This will be an all day affair. If you have time come over and see if any of this stuff you can use. Thanks!!! <*)}}}><
    Last edited by Crappie Chatt; 09-01-2009 at 08:49 AM.
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hrer what happend how tragic. Hope things start looking up for you.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear it Chatt. May have a tournament that day if not may see ya there. Is there an address we can send to if we can not make it out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry for the spot you are in...

I have witnessed first hand this medical mess this country is in.....it is shameful the way they want you give up everything to pay for this stuff.... I know it is expensive, but here is what P---- me off.... One of my bills was $28,000 dollars for the surgery room, they settled with the ins. co. for 15,000 but yet want me to pay $1700 for my part, I won't tell what I have told them..... why not get the other 1700 from the ins and settle for 16,700 and leave me and my pension check alone, I had 90 percent coverage to start with..... I am just getting started with my bills.....hey they don't care who's life they ruin it is all about money to them.......sorry venting a little..best of luck...... be pulling for you.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Red face brothers

i willbe there bubby JIM

Post Thanks / Like

OSS, I'll vent a little too. Here's a man who worked all his life, pays all his bills & taxes. Self employed and bought his own insurance. 4 weeks and they kick him out of the hospital with tubes running out everywhere. Cannot eat, barely swallow & bags for the waste. "We are very sorry but, he's out of here"???? Where??? Don't care, just get out or pay up front. Scrambling to find somewhere , he was moved to a nursing home for the elderly. 1 week later, he's back in another hospital with pneumonia and dehydration. Great care there As soon as this was under control,,, kicked out again. Found a rehab home that has better care but major $$$. I cry everytime I visit and teared up now. NOBODY should have to go thru what he is going thru or his family. It's so sad to hear my brother Joe questioning himself for bringing him back to life to live like this I keep telling him,,,"There was no choice at the time". I would of and so would of anyone else. Ya,,, this is one of the worse times of my life. Some day, and it could happen, he will be better. Thanks for sharing your shoulders. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your family's troubles, Chatt. You'll be in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

Heartfelt sympathy for what you and your family are going thru, Chatt. I will be there if I can. If not, where can one send a donation? Prayers going up from Knob Noster.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez,

I don't know what to say....I'm sorry for you and your family.
    What color you got on?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the good ole usa today.......i had dealings with my little buddy just like that a year ago........prayers to ya'll and good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast