Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Guntersville Night Crappie Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Guntersville Night Crappie Fishing

I'm new here from Harvest, AL and have fallen back in love with the sport. I've always enjoyed crappie fishing in Wheeler Lake as a child. I just purchased a Lowe ST175 with the sole purpose of having a crappie/bass combo boat and now I'm ready to use it. I've heard that Lake Guntersville is the best bet in North Alabama. Does anyone know where to launch that will be close to some bridge pilings for night fishing with minnows? I've been 5 times out of the last 3 months to Lake Martin with my father-in-law and we've torn them up every time. 3 of us caught 78 keepers on the 4th of July! We just setup two lights and have 4 rods each in holders with 2 split shots and a minnow and just wait for the "nibble". I want to do this in Lake Guntersville or any other north Alabama Lake(somewhat close to Huntsville) but have no clue where to go. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

You will get more info on the Alabama State Board...Main page on the Forums and scroll down.

Post Thanks / Like

WTucker
    I also live in Harvest and love night stalking. Many spots on guntersville. Put in at the launch at Town Creek and its a short ride to the channel. The city launch is near the Brown Creek bridge(69 bridge). To fish the 431 bridge launch on the right just before the bridge. Remember your just as close to Wilson. Shoal creek, 6-mile creek and Town Creek are all great spots to put in for short runs to night stalking spots and Wilson is under the radar for good crappie fishing. PM me if you need any help and good fishing.
    RCFillingham

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are welcome here

Old Ship says hello. Try the boat ramp at the Holiday Inn Resort (Corner of 431 and 79) Go to your left towards the old mill factory bridge.

I am glad that you cast a line to this forum and I also extend a welcome you on behalf of all the members. Welcome from Alabama. "Shipahoy and I'll see you on the water."
    fishin4crappie tips, CD's and jigs - Home
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from al ,just about all the bridges will produce i like the feed mill best
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend. RCFillingham I'm sure I'll be contacting you.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board WTucker from S.C.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board from missouri!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay. I took the advice of the Old Mill Factory bridge for night crappie fishing and had no luck. Zero crappie. We caught a few catfish, many small stipe that tangled our lines, and a nice bass. We fished under the bridge, around the bridge, and north and south of the bridge in the deep(25+ feet) water with 2 lights shining into the water with 12 lines out. On our lines were a crappie hook and 2 split shots staight lining. We would pull up anchor from time to time and troll to another spot and drop anchor again. I'm so frustrated! Not one crappie. Please explain to me what your techniques are for fishing this bridge and others in Guntersville. Under the bridges, in channels?, with/without lights, depths, or any other hits or advice is appreciated. Also, what is considered a "good night" in night fishing Guntersville for crappie? 10-20 keepers? 5 keepers? Please keep in mind that the technique we use is the same one that we use in Lake Martin and all that we catch is crappie. A good night there is about 25 - 30 keepers, although we probably catch double that with throw backs. I have not caught 1 crappie at night in any north Alabama lake this summer! Please help!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from Vermont!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast