Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Party Barge/ Fishing platform pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Party Barge/ Fishing platform pics

Almost done!...won't be as long as it has been. Newly built trailer, new floor, carpet, rear bench seat, center console, lotsa free space for fishing!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/snal13.../ph//my_photos
    Last edited by snal; 10-07-2005 at 07:28 PM.
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

Post Thanks / Like

Stay with it snal. Refurbishing can be a pain in the ar$e but we have really enjoyed fishing off this one since we did it.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great work there.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good looking rig snal..What did you clean the aluminum with? Looks great
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Good looking rig snal..What did you clean the aluminum with? Looks great
    I tried elbow grease with a fine scotch-brite pad, then 3 different aluminum polishing products...nothing worked very well...and there was a nasty waterline stain. Then I picked up 4 gallons of aluminum brightener (6 bucks a gallon), wet the toons, then used a garden sprayer to apply the brightener...this worked very quickly and did a great job. I did this twice to get an even cleaning.
    Snal~
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snal
    I tried elbow grease with a fine scotch-brite pad, then 3 different aluminum polishing products...nothing worked very well...and there was a nasty waterline stain. Then I picked up 4 gallons of aluminum brightener (6 bucks a gallon), wet the toons, then used a garden sprayer to apply the brightener...this worked very quickly and did a great job. I did this twice to get an even cleaning.
    Snal,

What brand of aluminum brightener did you use and where can it be purchased. I have tried the elbow grease with some iosso paste and it turned out to be countless hours of wasted time... Thanks for your help. Your boat looks great!

Bo
    Last edited by ilbowhunter97; 10-08-2005 at 08:55 AM.
    I REFUSE TO CATCH MY FISH AT KROGERS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ilbowhunter97
    Snal,

What brand of aluminum brightener did you use and where can it be purchased. I have tried the elbow grease with some iosso paste and it turned out to be countless hours of wasted time... Thanks for your help. The boat looks great!

Bo
    Not sure Bo...I got it from a local chemical supply co....I think I still have the containers though...I'll see what the label says...best I remember they were pretty generic.
    Snal~
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snal
    Not sure Bo...I got it from a local chemical supply co....I think I still have the containers though...I'll see what the label says...best I remember they were pretty generic.
    Snal, I truly appreciate the info. I have a tracker pro 17 that I would love to get cleaned up before putting it away this winter. Someone recommended that I use wire wheel cleaner (very very strong) on it then powerspray it real good. Honestly, I am afraid to use the stuff because I think it will bleach the aluminum out and look like trash. Who Knows???? I told my wife that I should just buy a new one but she frowned on that! Thanks Again

bo
    I REFUSE TO CATCH MY FISH AT KROGERS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ilbowhunter97
    Snal, I truly appreciate the info. I have a tracker pro 17 that I would love to get cleaned up before putting it away this winter. Someone recommended that I use wire wheel cleaner (very very strong) on it then powerspray it real good. Honestly, I am afraid to use the stuff because I think it will bleach the aluminum out and look like trash. Who Knows???? I told my wife that I should just buy a new one but she frowned on that! Thanks Again

bo
    I'd used this stuff before...years ago...with no ill effects. I read alot about different ways to do this type of cleaning in a pontoon forum...some swore by this method...so said not to do it. I think the trick is to spray a 50/50 solution first (mixed with water)...and definately apply to a WET surface very evenly (a wet surface helps tremendously here!). This is a mild acid from what I understand, similar to the wheel cleaners. There's a product called "shark hide" or "shark skin" that can be applied after cleaning...supposed to keep them looking that way...but it ain't cheap.
    It appeared to me that the brightener working mostly where it needed to...some areas that didn't really need cleaning (such as the top of my pontoons) didn't "foam" when the brightener was applied...the nasty waterline stain foamed up like the brightener was cleaning more aggressively only where it needed to. I inspected the toons very carefully after the fist spraying, and did spray a second time. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I ever need to.
    Snal~
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Snal, If you are like me, you might not check your PM's. Just giving you a heads up because I sent you a PM regarding your Smoker Craft. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast