Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tournament Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament Question

Looking for ways to get more boats to fishing crappie tournaments. One common thing I hear is, "I don't like to donate my money to the big boys on Truman." So here's a possible solution:

Crappie Slayers Tournament Series 2010

Pro Division
    Amateur Division

Entry fees somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 boat $20 big crappie for pros and $40 boat $10 big crappie for amateur. Those who are in it for the money will fish the pro side and the rest of us regulars can fish the amateur side. There will have to be a rule along the lines of when an amateur wins two tournaments they must go to the pro division.

I'm just running things through my head and trying to figure out a way to get more people involved. I'm not writing this in stone, just trying to get a feel for things. There would have to be enough interest or this will not work.

How many would fish if there were two divisions? What other suggestions do you have?

Thanks,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Brad, I like the idea. I know I will be fishing your tournaments next year either way. What about giving points for each tournament then when an angler accumulates a certain amount of points they have to move up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shockley32 View Post
    Looking for ways to get more boats to fishing crappie tournaments. One common thing I hear is, "I don't like to donate my money to the big boys on Truman." So here's a possible solution:

Crappie Slayers Tournament Series 2010

Pro Division
    Amateur Division

Entry fees somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 boat $20 big crappie for pros and $40 boat $10 big crappie for amateur. Those who are in it for the money will fish the pro side and the rest of us regulars can fish the amateur side. There will have to be a rule along the lines of when an amateur wins two tournaments they must go to the pro division.

I'm just running things through my head and trying to figure out a way to get more people involved. I'm not writing this in stone, just trying to get a feel for things. There would have to be enough interest or this will not work.

How many would fish if there were two divisions? What other suggestions do you have?

Thanks,

Brad
    If my wife goes with me can my 5 year old tag along?

Post Thanks / Like

Brad wish we coulda made it down this year, but new baby and started a crappie club up here MTL. Check it out easternmocrappie.com. I'm sure we could get afew club members to come down and fish afew. The Pro/am thing sounds pretty good, but I'm a big believer in anyone can be beat on any given day. Not that I'm a Pro by anymeans but I love the most competition I can get I believe it makes you better in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't able to fish any of the Truman tournaments, only because I couldn't fit them in to my busy schedule. I would agree that those Truman Boys are very tough to beat in a tournament. I fished the Lowry City COC tournaments out of Talley Bend when they used to have tournaments. I never placed in those events, but I did figure out how they were catching the bigger fish. That alone made me a better fisherman on Truman Lake. I hope in 2010 I can make it to some of the tournaments no matter how they are set up.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Brad,seems like a good idea to me.