Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie poles

I've been using HT 11' Graphite Poles and they have been breaking. What poles would anyone suggest. I like the Tennesse handles . Has anyone tried the new Todd Huckabee Quantum Crappie 10' poles. Looking to buy soon. Tis the season. Good fishin!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ifish
    I've been using HT 11' Graphite Poles and they have been breaking. What poles would anyone suggest. I like the Tennesse handles . Has anyone tried the new Todd Huckabee Quantum Crappie 10' poles. Looking to buy soon. Tis the season. Good fishin!
    Hi ifish and welcome to Crappie.com. I haven't tried any of the poles your are talking about but I thought I was the only one that liked Tennesse handles.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ifish,
    Would you rather have a pole that is real limber or one that has a little backbone to it?
    B&M makes both types of these poles. There are a lot of pole manufacturers out there. You just have to decide what kind you want and how much you are willing to pay for them. I have the Crappie Wizard poles which are a little stiffer than most noodle rods. They are made for spider rigging. I do have the new Russ Bailey jigging pole which is more limber and made for jigging. All these poles are good quality but a little less expensive. Web site is www.crappiewizard.com
    B&M is one of crappie.com sponsors. Might want to check there first.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ifish, Being from England, I the rods I reglularly used where a Shakespeare 12ft and a Shimano 13ft "Float Rod". Both these rods while being extra sensitive also landed carp upto 15lbs. The Pole I used was a "Garbalino" 12mtr Pole. However, "poles" from 3mtrs to 7mtrs were very common. Try looking towards the UK for pole technology as they have been in use for many years over there.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Hey Ifish,
    Would you rather have a pole that is real limber or one that has a little backbone to it?
    B&M makes both types of these poles. There are a lot of pole manufacturers out there. You just have to decide what kind you want and how much you are willing to pay for them. I have the Crappie Wizard poles which are a little stiffer than most noodle rods. They are made for spider rigging. I do have the new Russ Bailey jigging pole which is more limber and made for jigging. All these poles are good quality but a little less expensive. Web site is www.crappiewizard.com
    B&M is one of crappie.com sponsors. Might want to check there first.
    I mainly fish 1/16 oz. jigs and minnows. I like a lite tip and to get that most poles are made thin to keep the weight down. I also like the tennessee handles so the balance is better. Trade offs are hard to figure out sometimes? Where did you get the Russ Bailey poles?
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

ifish,

I have about 7 or 8 BnM poles and absolutely love them. Most of mine are 10' but have a few that are 12. (I think) Go to www.bnmpoles.com to check them out. I am sure there are others that are as good or maybe even better but that is my 2 cents... Good luck with whatever you decide.

Steve
    I REFUSE TO CATCH MY FISH AT KROGERS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ifish
    I mainly fish 1/16 oz. jigs and minnows. I like a lite tip and to get that most poles are made thin to keep the weight down. I also like the tennessee handles so the balance is better. Trade offs are hard to figure out sometimes? Where did you get the Russ Bailey poles?
    I have them made. I own crappie wizard co. Check out my web site at www.crappiewizard.com
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am fishing the Quantam Huckabee rods right now in the 11 footers I have seen all the rods that you are mentioning I have been jigging and using minnows with these rods they have lots of backbone but you can feel the bite rather well I had my choice of the rods to pick to fish with and give feed back and I chose the 11 footers these rods are very nice and fish really well however I am not sure that they are in the marketplace right now you can e-mail Todd on his website toddhuckabee.com to inquire if they are ready available in the marketplace