Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where is the best place to find project boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is the best place to find project boats?

Over the next year (gotta pay off the boat I have first) I'll be looking for a project boat that will eventually become my fishing boat.

Thinking Aluminum, Vhull, not sure on length, motor size..etc.. Looking for something I can gradually fix and end up with a nice fishing boat for the local lakes in SC.

Not sure on costs..etc

Just figured I could glean some knowledge from the experienced folks on here. PMs are welcome if you don't want to share secrets on an open thread.

I'm not financially able to do much right now..so like I said..over the next year.

Thanks in advance.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I have two sitting in my yard. Let me know.
    My addiction is a cure not a disease.

Post Thanks / Like

here is the bumblebee.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My addiction is a cure not a disease.

Post Thanks / Like

wow that's awesum!
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Got our project boat right here on c.c Cane Pole had it on the swap meet board. It's a 15 ft. 1952 Alumacraft Open C. This thing is built like a tank and is hopefully gonna look great when we're finished.

If you get an aluminum boat, check out TinBoats.net. There's a lot of good information from folks who have restored and modified boats.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    Got our project boat right here on c.c Cane Pole had it on the swap meet board. It's a 15 ft. 1952 Alumacraft Open C. This thing is built like a tank and is hopefully gonna look great when we're finished.

If you get an aluminum boat, check out TinBoats.net. There's a lot of good information from folks who have restored and modified boats.
    With a little love & maybe some fried crappie? that boat will go for 100 years, them old alumacraft were indestructible. If I remember right it is a heavy boat also, my neighbors had one when I was growing up,I think he had it almost 40 years,his first last & only. Good fishing with that neat boat........
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Craigslist is good place to look. Alot of folks using craigslist to sell a boat aren't active boaters or fishermen. They just have one sitting that they bought on a whim and never got interested in. It's buyer beware though, because most won't know much about the boat nor is real condition.