Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for new rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for new rods

Well fellers I’m in the market for new rods. I have not found but 1 rod in a while that that I feel is sensitive enough to crappie fish with and that was the basspro graphite IM-6 micro lite rod in 7'7''. I love this rod but they are so expensive now. I am a mitchell zero gravity guy but they don’t make em anymore nor can I find em online.
    Most micro lite or ul rods I find are only 5'6'' and I just don’t like a short rod like that. I like 6'6''-9ft rods. So what im looking for is a rod as close to the zero gravity I can buy. I don’t like buying rods online because I cant hold em in my hand first but I know there is allot of good fisherman here that I will trust with putting me on my new rod. I prefer what I call the quill tip on my rod but do like the bps I have and its not quill tip.

I would also like to ask if anyone knows what blank was used to make the zero gravity rod and are they still available? If so can you tell me where to get em Or better yet any custom rod builders out there that can build me a rod like the zero gravity please let me know. I will want several as well as friends of mine will want some if the price is right.

As always thanks for your help guys!

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Try one of the new-

Carrott rods. I have a friend who bought one and said he would never again buy anything else. Their pricey but have a lifetime guarentee.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bobberstop ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobberstop View Post
    Well fellers I’m in the market for new rods. I have not found but 1 rod in a while that that I feel is sensitive enough to crappie fish with and that was the basspro graphite IM-6 micro lite rod in 7'7''. I love this rod but they are so expensive now. I am a mitchell zero gravity guy but they don’t make em anymore nor can I find em online.
    Most micro lite or ul rods I find are only 5'6'' and I just don’t like a short rod like that. I like 6'6''-9ft rods. So what im looking for is a rod as close to the zero gravity I can buy. I don’t like buying rods online because I cant hold em in my hand first but I know there is allot of good fisherman here that I will trust with putting me on my new rod. I prefer what I call the quill tip on my rod but do like the bps I have and its not quill tip.

I would also like to ask if anyone knows what blank was used to make the zero gravity rod and are they still available? If so can you tell me where to get em Or better yet any custom rod builders out there that can build me a rod like the zero gravity please let me know. I will want several as well as friends of mine will want some if the price is right.

As always thanks for your help guys!
    You probably aren't going to find another rod to match up with a Zero Gravity. And No ... they don't make them any more.
    Zero Gravity rods have carbon blanks ... and I don't know of any other carbon rods on the market.
    I've got two 7ft ZG's, myself ... so I know what you're talking about I paid $50 apiece for them, and that was many moons ago. I have heard of them being on eBay, on occasion, so you might want to check there ... off and on.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

seven and a half foot richard williams pole from b&m these are the best feeling rod i have ever held.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the St. Croix model 3S70UL Fast action ultralight very skinny blank and may get you close to that rods action. For off the rack these are very good rods.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I like the proangler crappie rods. I bought two of the 8' rods earlier this year and love them. I know quite a few other people on here use them also.

Crappie Rods, Crappie Jigs, Catfish Rod, Catfish Rods, Fishing Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie52 View Post
    seven and a half foot richard williams pole from b&m these are the best feeling rod i have ever held.
    I second this. I own two of these rods and love them. Easy to handle and very sensitive.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Richard Williams rod myself. And the BnM Ultimate rod in 8ft'er is a good one. Both have plenty of feel and backbone.

Post Thanks / Like

Give a ozark ultralight rod a try u will love it!

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to check out St. Croix Premier or Avid series spinning rods. They both are very light and very sensitive. They are by far some of the best rods I have ever tried. Premiers are stocked at most decent tackle shops. The Avids are harder to find due to their cost.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast