Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton lemons into lemonade.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton lemons into lemonade.

Went back to Stockton and took my wife and daughter, everything started out great daughter caught the first keeper and to hear her joy was priceless than the trouble begins my daughter pulls up the seat and says is there suppose to be water in here? I go over and look and oh no hit the bilge pumps and they pump water out forever, I go back to fishing and bam the trolling motor cable breaks. Tie to a tree to check it out and my wife starts yelling and pulls in the second keeper. I go from a frown to a smile and think all this can be fixed so we tree hopped by me guiding the trolling motor by hand and hitting the bilge pumps every 5 minutes and picked up 7 or 8 more fish. Every time my wife or daughter would catch one they start in with the yelling and laughing. For all the mishaps this was a great day!:D Ended up with 4 keepers caught on minnows and white blue silver jigs.

Not sure where the water is coming in from but it seems to be the flow rite auto mode on the passenger side live well.

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats A good CAPTAIN for ya. I'ts a wonder you got them off the lake. Sounds like the girls had a great time! Hope it doesn't take to long to correct the problems. Guess we'll see you at Marine Repair,Monday.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check all your pumps for cracks. We had a live well pump crack on the Procraft I bass fished out of during a tournament and it was bringing in as much water as you could pump out. I think it was a half inch line and it was bringing the water in quick. We found it when trying to get on plane and water started coming out of the drain hole in front of the center seat. Glad they had a good time anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Never A Dull Moment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Now thats A good CAPTAIN for ya. I'ts a wonder you got them off the lake. Sounds like the girls had a great time! Hope it doesn't take to long to correct the problems. Guess we'll see you at Marine Repair,Monday.
    Called this morning and have an appointment Wednesday morning to have it and the rear transducer I broke off at Truman replaced (this one will be inside the hull). The guy I spoke with said they will replace the cable and rebuild the pedal and it will be back home Wednesday night.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the good day sorry bout the breakdowns atleast they wont have you down for long.

Post Thanks / Like

well sounds like you turned a bad day into a good one, glad y'all had a good time. hope they get the boat going soon

Post Thanks / Like

You must have a lot of patience! Glad your family had a fun time
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a full day Tom. Glad you still had fun.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'