PDA

View Full Version : Couples Day Out

Just Jiggin
08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Sunday was Couples day out :D we took CrappieHawg (Matt) and his finance Sarah out in our boat for most of the day. We were hoping to be able to put them on a lot of fish and to show them a few new areas to fish around Bucksaw since CrappieHawg hasn't fished this area very much:) but that wasn't the case :( It was a tough bite for us - we started out early 2 fishing with minnows and 2 with jigs (a OSS special was jig of choice) We did manage to have 19 keepers - a few really nice and the rest just over legal. It was a little breezy and cool all day. CrappieHawg just proposed to Sarah last weekend and now already has her out fishing - looks like she is a keeper too ;)

olesilverside
08-30-2009, 07:05 PM
I think they should get married on Truman and use your boat for the wedding...:D No fancy dressing up to do, and crappie cookout for the feast.... Bet Shara would go for that...... I am getting ready to change that OSS special jig next week, you are wearing it out......

DMW1960
08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I think they should get married on Truman and use your boat for the wedding...:D No fancy dressing up to do, and crappie cookout for the feast.... Bet Shara would go for that...... I am getting ready to change that OSS special jig next week, you are wearing it out......

GREAT JOB GUYS! I THINK OSS SHOULD TAKE THE WEDDING PICTURES WHEN THEY GET MARRIED ON THE LAKE!

Jigging15
08-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Look at those smiles. Glad you all made it out and had a good time. Sounds like a good wedding to me also. But I would bet the bride to be has other ideas for a wedding. Just be glad she is willing to get out and fish with you. But do not take her to much or she will end up like Sue and out fish you every trip.

kazualobzerver
08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Outstanding folks and one of the best pictures ever. OSS should take lessons from you on how to smile for his mug shots..

Ranger397V
08-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Good job JJ. Thought I seen you this morining. Fished down river and was on fish till noon and then it shut off. Packed it in. 1.4 lbs. was our biggest. Brother-in-law put it on me today.

beagle man
08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
way to go y'all looks like a good day all arround

got crappie
08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Damn looks like Matts got a new fishing partner , LOL Dave

WantinCrappie
08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
You mean she said yes? :D Good job Ricer #2. :)

Sounds like you did a nice job today JJ's. Glad you guys & gals got into some, even if it wasn't all that many. Certainly better than pulling Crabgrass. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

olesilverside
08-30-2009, 08:25 PM
could bring lots of rice for the wedding...........:D

WantinCrappie
08-30-2009, 08:29 PM

Who? Me or Matt?

bwillaub
08-30-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure which one has the purdiest smile?? Congrats, you two.

crappiehawg
08-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks all, and thanks to the JJs for a great day on the water. We had a great time, got to catch a few, and Sarah really enjoyed meeting you both--maybe the bite will be a little better for the couples' tournament.

Just Jiggin
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Matt it was a lot of fun fishing with you & Sarah. It was good to see another couple fighting tackle besides Sue & I.:eek: Sorry about the rod against the head but I didnt want to lose that PIG I caught.:D Hope we can do it again soon sometime.
Sure was good seeing al the CDC members & got to meet some new ones Steve & Wildhunter.
Monty thanks for the ph call & I lost our connection Sun afternoon.
Whats the new OSS special jig color?

olesilverside
08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
maybe stick with blue/white and put lipstick on the jigs lips......:D

sliles
08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Great catch!!!!

crappiehawg
08-31-2009, 06:57 PM

I figured that was coming as soon as I saw the "Ricer No. 2" comment from "Ricer No. 1."

crappiehawg
08-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Matt it was a lot of fun fishing with you & Sarah. It was good to see another couple fighting tackle besides Sue & I.:eek: Sorry about the rod against the head but I didnt want to lose that PIG I caught.:D Hope we can do it again soon sometime.
Sure was good seeing al the CDC members & got to meet some new ones Steve & Wildhunter.
Monty thanks for the ph call & I lost our connection Sun afternoon.
Whats the new OSS special jig color?

forgot about the rod to the face, Gary--I'll bring my safety goggles next time. :p

olesilverside
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
covered by Huckleberry Insurance when u r in his boat........:D I can get u a good deal on it..... low rates....

Just Jiggin
08-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Matt a helmet may be better for ya. I get pretty wild when I catch a biggun befor Mrs JJ gets to it.:D
OSS you might want that insurance for yourself if;n you ever go fishing with me. The offer is still open.

dedawg1149
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
great job guys

Buckwheat 1
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Hawg, If the wedding is going to be on a tight budget.....I would be glad to sing and dance for nothin':eek: I will start practicing!

crappiehawg
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Hawg, If the wedding is going to be on a tight budget.....I would be glad to sing and dance for nothin':eek: I will start practicing!

I was really hoping you could maybe do a duet with Beagle!