Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Allatoona

Post Thanks / Like

Post Fishing Allatoona

Just got registered today and was wondering if anyone had some information on fishing Allatoona, ie. places to try, etc. My mother-in-law moved up that way and the family needs to go visit but I'm about to bust to get this fall crappie fishing season kicked off. Haven't heard many good things about the lake and am a little skitish of hauling my boat all the way up there an wasting a good day on the water. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing Allatoona-Autiger

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger
    Just got registered today and was wondering if anyone had some information on fishing Allatoona, ie. places to try, etc. My mother-in-law moved up that way and the family needs to go visit but I'm about to bust to get this fall crappie fishing season kicked off. Haven't heard many good things about the lake and am a little skitish of hauling my boat all the way up there an wasting a good day on the water. Thanks!
    AuTiger welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com, I am in southeast Georgia in Savannah so I can't help you on the Allatoona but we do have some Ga. anglers from that area that can help you out. I hope they will see your post and give you the info. you need. Good luck to you on your trip and good fishing ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allatoona Fishing

HELLO AUTIGER Allatoona is my home lake and can be a tuff lake to fish. It has a lot of 2-21/4 crappie in it but the average fish is 3/4 lb. Right now the fish are alone the main lake cannels any thing with wood or brush in 15-20 ft.
    The lake is a basily a large river with lots of bends and dropoffs. The lower part below the dam or I-75 area has mostly white crappie and above the dam will be black crappie. I us mostly live bait or minnows on a tightline and slow troll over any structure i find in the right depth.I did go Sat. the 11th of Sept.
    and fished from 7A.M. till NOON and caught 15-18 fish and keep 12, the biggest was 1.4lb the rest was 3/4 to 1lb. The fishing can be good in the fall once all skiers are gone. The lake has come up some with all the rain we have had and seemed to have spread the fish out some.I hope the will help you if you come and fish the lake, also the lake has a lot of marinas that are good to fish around also.
    DIEHARD GOOD FISHING TO YOU
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Lake Allatoona-Diehard

Hello Diehard, Thanks for your help, That was a good report with some good info. for Autiger. The water temps should start droping soon I hope and the fishing will get better. Good luck on your next trip and thanks again. Jimmy S.