Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Point Crappie Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Point Crappie Pole

made by B&M

I almost always troll for crappie and want to pick up some 10 ft rods, seen these and wonder how well they work, i want a sensitive rod for the lightest bit, i like the price but there made out of fiberglass.

here is what the product description says-

- This pole now has the balance and action of a pole that almost feels like graphite. It is a favorite trolling pole, and is lightweight enough for all-day jig fishing - for the cost conscious. 100 % fiberglass * 2 ceramic and 7 snake guides * 14 inch EVA handle * New Fixed Reel Seat for 22.95

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had any luck with light tipped graphite poles, keep busting them. Cheap or expensive same thing. Medium action and above the graphite work fine for me. If you are trolling I wouldn't think you would need the sensitivity of graphite, the fish is hooking himself.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

B'n'M also has good poles in graphite but they cost twice as much. I have been using their Sam Heaton models for years now. I recently bought a 10 ft. graphite ultra light from B'n'M and I really like it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The thought for years on trolling/crankbait rods is to have the parabolic, or with bend from end to end. Go to BPS and pick up a designated crankbait rod and you'll see what I mean. The softer action imparts more action to the bait than a stiffer action. Fiberglass does this as good or better than graphite and cheaper. Down side is they're lots heavier than graphite and this makes some folks turn their nose up at them. Best I can tell you is to get what you think will work best for you, and within your price range. Confidence in your technique is as important as the right gear, maybe more. I have 3 B&M Uncle Bucks jig poles and use em for everything 2 -10' and 1- 12'. I like em just fine. Good quality and good customer service from what I hear. Never broke one yet. Good luck trolling, and if you're trolling cranks don't forget pink.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I got a 10 footer that I use in my spider rig setup and works as well as the others. (10ft Buck's jig pole, 10ft sam's super sensitive, and a 9ft Shakespeare)

Pros: cheaper, just as sensative

Cons: bigger shaft, a little bit heavier than the others (non issue when in a holder)

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I had two West Point Crappie Poles and got rid of them. I just did not like the bulkiness of them. Switched to the Crappie Wizards and have been much happier. I would recommend giving the Crappie Wizards a good look, comparing the two and then going with the one that suits your style the best.

Post Thanks / Like

great replies so far, thats why i like this place-thanks

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM PRO STAFF RODS

If you can Wait until early December, I have 10 ft Silstar-Pinnacle Limit Series coming for $11.00 each.

Monk Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I don't jig fish with the west point unless I am in heavy cover. I consider myself a pretty strong individual but jigging this pole all day is a little rough. Also, the memory of the pole is bad, keep it lying straight when not using or it will hook left or right.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post
    If you can Wait until early December, I have 10 ft Silstar-Pinnacle Limit Series coming for $11.00 each.

Monk Monk's Crappie
    Csn u give us a link/info on this pole-fiberglass? could u troll it, etc.? thanks
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast