Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton started hot ended slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton started hot ended slow.

First 4 were keepers and then nothing but shorts for 3 hours. There are so many fish I was sick of catching short fish and finally picked up a few more keepers. Ended up with 7 and 8 that had half the tail over I should have looked to see if they are legal. I did notice the bottom half is longer then the top half. I guess they are growing and will be over 10 in a month. Fished son's and the trees were best in 20 foot of water 12 feet down. Orange/black/chart was the best color. It was a nice day and talked with 5 other boats and none had a keeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Your right Tom, it was a great day to be out on the water. Sorry I missed you. As you saw I was just running around yesterday on the water. I really thought about staying around and waiting for you but had things to do at the house so headed on home. I also talked to several other boats and nobody was doing any good. There were two other ole boys at the ramp when I was pulling out that are always there whenever I go. Now they always seem to be pretty tight lipped but they said they it was really tuff and they didn't do well. Glad you got into some fish. Have a good weekend.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

That's The Way It Stared On Truman Sat. First 15 Min. We Picked Up One On Every Tree Then After That Slow.

I Can't Believe The Short Fish On Stockton. Where Did The Keepers Go? I Don't Care That The Spawn Was Good. Keeper Fish Are Still There Somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom as bad as it is it wasn't bad

If you aren't catching them who you think is...... ??? old cold front dealt us a blow...... but the bite down from bucksaw seems to be much better than the bite above..... last time I went down it was pretty good just a little smaller than the ones above have been.... key word (have)......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    If you aren't catching them who you think is...... ??? old cold front dealt us a blow...... but the bite down from bucksaw seems to be much better than the bite above..... last time I went down it was pretty good just a little smaller than the ones above have been.... key word (have)......
    OSS you make a very good point! Some Fisherman do stretch the truth and I think that is the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Bender! I went about 2 weeks ago and picked up 4 keepers right off but couldn't put another keeper in the boat. Lots and lots of just short fish the rest of the day. They were coming off large trees in 30' and 18-21' down. I just think about how good its going to be when they grow a little more. I have always thought all you had to do was make the tail touch but I don't know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

nice job bender, oh well a wise and knowledgable man once said.

. IT WILL GET BETTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the day. I was getting tired of those shorts too and went to bone creek instead of stockton one day a couple weeks ago and got a zero ad wished i was on stockton catchin shorts!

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like it always starts that way.You start catching them right off the bat and think here we go. Just when you get warmed up good..........they quit
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!