Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help here

I did alot of changes to my site buy adding some flash programs on the jig,spoon and blade pages. They show up ok for me on my computer that has Windows XP but they do not show up on my laptop that has Windows Vista.
    Also I need to know if the time it takes to load the picture shows is to long and if it would cause someone to move on and not wait.
    Thanks!!
    Laser Jigs & Blades

Post Thanks / Like

The initial load of each page seems a little slow to me, however after the page loads the flash pictures seem to rotate through pretty decently.

Also I'm guessing the only flash programs are the rotating pictures. I am seeing those with Vista 64. If there are more I am not seeing them.

By the way the site looks fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

Took a bit to load. My best guess is that the pictures are too high quality. Did you render them down before adding to flash?

It's possible to reduce the size/quality of pictures where folks on the web won't notice as much but stuff will load fast. It's a balance.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pomoxis View Post
    Took a bit to load. My best guess is that the pictures are too high quality. Did you render them down before adding to flash?

It's possible to reduce the size/quality of pictures where folks on the web won't notice as much but stuff will load fast. It's a balance.
    Hmmmm
    I will try that and see what happens

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Doc ....

The page loads instantly, but ...
    it took about 10-12 seconds to completely load & start the animation cycle ... Vista Home Prem. 32bit - cable connection.

That's a bit slow ... but, relative to the user's system, it could take much longer.

One glaring problem, aside from the slow load time, is the fact that your price info, selection menu box, and cart button are printed over with your introduction paragraph.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

CP,, I noticed that on my laptop because of the smaller screen. But on a bigger monitor like my 21 in that I use to design everying thing it fits all perfect. If I move the price menu button around so it finds a place not to overlap on the laptop screen,it won't fit right on the bigger screen:rolleyes:But I will try to find a place on the page where it does not overlap. May just have to move it a little bit.
    How many of you other guys have this overlap problem??
    Thanks so far for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    The page loads instantly, but ...
    it took about 10-12 seconds to completely load & start the animation cycle ... Vista Home Prem. 32bit - cable connection.

That's a bit slow ... but, relative to the user's system, it could take much longer.

One glaring problem, aside from the slow load time, is the fact that your price info, selection menu box, and cart button are printed over with your introduction paragraph.

... cp
    Last edited by laserdoc; 08-30-2009 at 06:49 AM.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Doc ....

I was looking at it on a 20" diag screen (and the overlap only occurs on Page 2 ... the Tug Bug page) .... everything is centered all nice & neat, but there's 3.5" of background to the left and 4.5" of background to the right, that is just open space (just the textured white background showing). If you can ... seems like all you would need to do was drop the "view shopping cart" button down, then slide the price/menu/cart stuff to the right and in line with & above the shopping cart button. If you had to, moving the NEW gif somewhere else on the page, would free up space to stack the price/menu/add to cart/view cart buttons. You might possibly move it to the left of TUG BUG FLOATER (above the left corner of the jig pics frame) .... or even below the intro paragraph.

Something else I noticed ... and it may be nit picking :p ... but, you have the floater jigs "named/spelled" four different ways:

Above the animation box = Tug Bug (no dash)
    First line of the intro = Tug-Bug (dash)
    Eighth line of the intro = tug-bug (dash, but not capitalized)
    Last line of the intro = Tug_Bug (no dash, but an underline)

.... cp

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I am on Vista Home Premium on dial up.....I do not see any pictures...just white squares.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

LaserDoc,
    Good looking site. I am building one now with Dreamweaver. The flashing rings are annoying and the site is loading slow.I am running 10 MPS and it takes 3 seconds to load !! Flashing graphics has been a pet peeve of mine. Can't stand them and they will not be on my site. I think lots of graphics is a problem with dial ups but it shows the product better. There are still a lot of C.comers with dial up. Be interesting to see a pole on dial ups.Take care and good luck at your site.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

I down loaded the free trial software for Dream weaver. Boy your a better man than I am. I could not figure that out worth a hoot!!.
    I did move some things around and I think things are not over lapping now.
    CP take a look and tell me.
    I had my lap top beside me so I would check it on there also when I fixed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast