Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Lake 8-29

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Lake 8-29

Took my brother to the lake today. It was tough but we ended with a few keepers. I even managed to catch a "Poor Man's Grand Slam" Speck, Flounder and Black drum.:D

Posted these on the LA board but forgot to post them here. Here are a couple of fish I caught last weekend.

And the sunset from last weekend
    Last edited by shadow; 08-29-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane, Congrats on the catch.. looks like your brother decided to make the trip. Did you make the trip home ok last night? Troy got me to worrying about that trailer for you...lol... One more question, What about the camry? serious or not really?
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72 View Post
    Dwyane, Congrats on the catch.. looks like your brother decided to make the trip. Did you make the trip home ok last night? Troy got me to worrying about that trailer for you...lol... One more question, What about the camry? serious or not really?
    Yea Johnny I looked at the trailer today without the boat and it is welded pretty good there and there is also a brace there so it should be ok with the lighter boat. As for the Camry, well the news isn't as good. We ran it from the dollar store to Boones and it got hot again so we pulled into boones, put more water in and got to the bridge and of course DANG BRIDGE IS CLOSED! By this time there is a VERY BAD knock in the engine so we decided better not to run it, so I pushed it home with my truck. At least we got it off the side of the road.:rolleyes: Know any body with a good used car for sale, Cheap?
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, hate to hear the car is headed to the graveyard. As for a cheap car, I don't know of any around here. Best thing I can tell you is Craigslist. Sometimes you can get a good deal on things.. like my $1300 English Bulldog that I got for $100. Here's the link...lol
    lake charles cars & trucks - all classifieds - craigslist

Or maybe get a used motor for it. here is a listing for one for 500, but you may be able to find one cheaper.
    http://beaumont.craigslist.org/pts/1332982913.html
    Last edited by jlaughlin72; 08-30-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed this post yesterday. Glad to see you and bro doing the grand slam thing. sorry to hear about the car. Maybe you can do as Johnny says. Buy yourself a bulldog for cheap and ride it. Sorry, couldn't help myself, it must be in my genes. I wish I had the solution parked in my yard for ya, but I don't. I just bought myself a cheap pickup for my daily driver to work and fish. If I hear of something, I'll let you know.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab Hunter View Post
    Dwyane,
    You got to put me on them this weekend.....
    I'll try, those were behind Grand.
    Dwyane