Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic at Grenada

Post Thanks / Like

Default Classic at Grenada

I just found out that 1st place is going to pay $30,000, 2nd $10,000 and 3rd $5,000. Last year 2 new Nitro bass boats were given for 1st and a new Toyota Tundra worth about $35,000 and decent payouts thereafter. They are going to take in about $80,000 in just entry fees. So unless you come in 3rd or better you will do good to just get your money back. Don't yall think the payback should be better? Just wondering what your thoughts were on this. I have fished every classic and I think the payback should be better.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% Wade. That sucks....

Post Thanks / Like

The town of Grenada also put up a large amount to, I heard 50 to 75 thousand . sounds like someone's getting a little greedy on their end dont it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Wade, Is there any truth to the rumor that FLW is buying Crappie Masters. I know a couple of years ago it was talked about, but I heard it again yesterday. And yes those payouts suck.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

I hear city payed out 80 grand....plus entries.....yeah those payouts are bad. I hope FLW brings thier payouts with them if they buy it....course then, every tom dick and hairy will be a pro then..

Post Thanks / Like

ur right, the city of grenada also gave them alot of money to have the tourny there. if I go there and stay 7 days like I always do, i will spend easy $1500 easy on bait, hotel, gas and food. I just wish the top 20 would get a good check. That would make more people fish.

Post Thanks / Like

The cost of the classic is $50,000 plus 1 banquet. The $50,000 is divided by the Grenada CVB and the MS Tourism Dept. There is a 9% tax on all food and sleeps in Grenada that helps pay their $25,000. You are forgetting BassPro sponsorship, Mercury, MK/H, Vic., and other sponsor money. Add the $$$ from the CM sponsor book and someone is doinhg well and it ain't the fishermen. Little old MCC pays out down to 15th place @ $90.00 per team. I thought the "Classic" was $175,000. I'm gonna shut up, I've said enough.

Post Thanks / Like

a really good source told me that grenada gave them $80,000 where does that go. I spent a week in Fla. last year and I think we came in about 12th or 13th and got a check for less than $500. I think 20th should at least pay $1,000. If they want us to come down early and spend money, they should make it worth our while.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always lived by this rule...If I don't like the way something is run or done...I make an attempt to not join in the activities...I just forget it and find something else to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is something else you can ponder over. CM is getting $20,000 for each state championship. It's kinda like this-- you play by their rules or you don't play.
    The $80,000 figure probably includes the banquet.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast