PDA

View Full Version : stockton FROSTY and the beagleman

beagle man
08-28-2009, 06:47 PM
water 75dg clear, light wind, light mist, not much sun, not to many boats

caught 38 had 4 keepers, black/chartruse and black /silver jigs, trees, bridge piers. caught 7 that one side of the tail hit the 10in mark but not both sides so we tossed them back, I think they would have passed the states limit on length, but wasnt sure so easy over the side they went, mr. journagan from rogersvill gave us three, so I cleaned 7 and I am tired sore,wore down and it's supper time.

Pole Bender
08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Sounds like a nice day on the water and enough for dinner to boot. That tail thing has me wondering if that is a legal fish or not. I think I will review the rules book to see if I can determine. I will be at stockton some time tomorrow to see if I can find a few.

Buckwheat 1
08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Sounds like my day...lot of dinks and a few keepers! It beat workin' though:)

WantinCrappie
08-28-2009, 07:02 PM
A couple of pretty good ole boy's out on the water today. Weather not to hot. Sounds like fun to me. Honestly I guess it's a couple pretty good ole boys....................never met this Frosty character but talked to him several times on the phone and seems like a good guy to me. :D

Pole Bender
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
A couple of pretty good ole boy's out on the water today. Weather not to hot. Sounds like fun to me. Honestly I guess it's a couple pretty good ole boys....................never met this Frosty character but talked to him several times on the phone and seems like a good guy to me. :D

Are you ever going to fish Stockton again? Frosty is a great guy!

buzzmanmo
08-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Frosty and beagle are 2 good old boys. They are 2 fishing buddies. One feeds em the other is yelling get the net.

WantinCrappie
08-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Are you ever going to fish Stockton again? Frosty is a great guy!

What do you mean??????? I just fished it a couple of weeks ago with the usual outcome that I seem to get there this year. Lots of NOjoe's and a couple of keepers. For me it only takes about another 20 minutes or so to be to Truman so it's easier for me to go there than you I'm sure.

And I'd have to agree with you on Frosty. Seems like a real good guy talking to him on the phone.

olesilverside
08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
A 100 fish or no fish, man seemed like a nice fall day up here in Windsor, had to have been nice on the water...... Dog gone Beagle if you don't get up here soon I am going to have u r honey hole slimed down some....... Glad you had to clean some......:D

Pole Bender
08-28-2009, 07:51 PM
What do you mean??????? I just fished it a couple of weeks ago with the usual outcome that I seem to get there this year. Lots of NOjoe's and a couple of keepers. For me it only takes about another 20 minutes or so to be to Truman so it's easier for me to go there than you I'm sure.

And I'd have to agree with you on Frosty. Seems like a real good guy talking to him on the phone.

Didn't know you fished it a couple of weeks ago.:o It takes me an hour and 15 to get to Stockton and two and half to get to Truman so it is just to far for a day trip very often for me. I keep thinking I will find away to catch keepers at Stockton but so far the only pattern I have figured out is there is no pattern.

Speck
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Glad you guys got into a few! Looked like a noce day to be on the water

wildhunter066
08-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Congrats on the day! I was wishin i was on the water all day long instead of workin,

catman
08-28-2009, 08:25 PM
sounds like a good day , i'm sure you guys had a great time.

WantinCrappie
08-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Didn't know you fished it a couple of weeks ago.:o It takes me an hour and 15 to get to Stockton and two and half to get to Truman so it is just to far for a day trip very often for me. I keep thinking I will find away to catch keepers at Stockton but so far the only pattern I have figured out is there is no pattern.

I hear ya Tom. That is a long way for sure. I looked back and your right, it was a little longer than two weeks ago. My thread was titled Stockton 8-1-09. You will remember it, I was trying to avoid deputy dog.

FROSTY
08-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for a FUN day, Beagle! Almost a perfect day. We didn't leave to many stones unturned. We would fish awhile here, and Beagle would say where to, and every time I would point out one of my special trees, he would pull up without me telling him which tree and GO right to the tree and to the right side of the tree! Don't let him fool ya.....He's no Bumpkin! You did kick my butt on the Keepers, but I think I caught the most! hehe. What do you mean, tired and supper time.....How could you eat....I was ducking Chicken bones all day, and that was before your Double stack CheeseBurger. Thanks again, Good Buddy!

rugsrme
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Good day guys, was a nice day to be out.

bwillaub
08-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Glad to hear you guys got out and enjoyed the day. I'm taking a few days off the water. Gonna fish a couple days next week.

beagle man
08-29-2009, 08:33 AM
thanks guys it was a good day daddy always said if you are gonna be dumb you got to be tough, I think I will start to say if your gonna fish stockton you have to be tough, it aint no lake for sissies, but I we had fun. thanks frosty, later all

crappie up

Jigging15
08-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Fishing may have been slow but sounds like you all ate good.

beagle man
08-29-2009, 09:49 AM
yes I did, unlike buzzman, frosty did bring a cooler.

buzzmanmo
08-29-2009, 12:57 PM
When you are fishin ain't got time for eatin or drinkin.

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
08-30-2009, 12:40 PM
sound's like a great day to be on the water you to. like you said beagle better to be on the water than not be especially when it's so nice out...plan on doing that myself a little this week. temperature look's pretty relaxing to me! oh and im gonna try and catch a fish or two.

beagle man
08-30-2009, 01:02 PM
yea jeff It was a good time, going to try to hit it a day or two next week myself, if you get out be safe. tell eddie I said hey

crappie up