Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake drawdown...bamboo Condo pics+ an underwater fort I found!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake drawdown...bamboo Condo pics+ an underwater fort I found!

Condos 1 yr old

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

These people worked hard on this place I do believe. That is the only piece of condo I can find out of the water. The lake is down 8'

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Boy it would be nice to find a few places like that.
    Sure looks like someone enjoys fishing there on that dock..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

When the lake that I fish does it winter draw down of usually 4-5 feet is the best time just to go out for a boat ride and look for new honey holes. This is the best way to find out what docks have brush piles up shallow for good spring fishing.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Smitty ...

that looks like those "gumball" thingys, on the branches of the "condo" .... that's a good sign that the water quality is high (good) on that lake !!

I think I would have to sink a condo of my own ... straight out from that dock, in water deep enough to keep it hidden (submerged) from view, when the lake was at its lowest. Then those Crappie would have a built-in highway - from deep to shallow - with plenty of cover along the way !!! ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CP:

We've had excellent results from doing just what you suggest - placing deeper brushpiles farther out from established brushpiles on points or down slopes to the old creek/river channels . We end up with an area that we can catch crappie year around just by moving a few yards to deeper or shallower cover.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I will do it cp and jerry. I will do the same thing with my other condos. I already dropped some around the old ones to make the area bigger like you said in your instuctions. I'll do a few points now.