Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least it wasn't a Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default At least it wasn't a Crappie

Up town this am with the bunch of older than dirt guys I hang with and bill said he heard a guy had caught a 3lb bass and when it came time to clean it everytime he stuck his finger in the bass's mouth to hold it while he put the knife to it, something felt like a pin was sticking his finger, got to looking and the bass had swallowed a small snake and its head was sticking out enough it was biting his finger everytime he put it in there......fishing may become to rough for me if this continues........:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just release them all and you wont have to worry.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I cleaned two small pound or so

Bass one time out of a strip pits and they were so full of worms I thew them away, then a couple years late i caught a nice mess of crappie from a pond and they had worms, cleaned them and give them to my "mother n law" yes I am a nice guy..........:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Up town this am with the bunch of older than dirt guys I hang with and bill said he heard a guy had caught a 3lb bass and when it came time to clean it everytime he stuck his finger in the bass's mouth to hold it while he put the knife to it, something felt like a pin was sticking his finger, got to looking and the bass had swallowed a small snake and its head was sticking out enough it was biting his finger everytime he put it in there......fishing may become to rough for me if this continues........:D
    I would have cut that bass into a 100 pieces to kill that snake! Just don't like snakes!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have had to change my drawers if that happened to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Ah the stuff people come up with. I call bull on this one but it's kinda funny. There's just no way he was planning to eat a 3 lb bass.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of guys from around here eat bass. I know a few guys who really like bass that they catch from the strip pits around Windsor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    A lot of guys from around here eat bass. I know a few guys who really like bass that they catch from the strip pits around Windsor.
    Oh I know I was just kidding around. I eat bass myself. Although, I would much prefer a 10-12 incher over a 3 lb for eating.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not eat fish. But hear the bass has a strong flavor to it. The guys I know like to catch them while the water is colder.

Post Thanks / Like

An older fishing buddy of mine that has now passed away and I were crappie fishing on Smithville lake one day, and they were having a bass tournment. Boats kept flying by us at wide open throttle, close enough to pratically throw water in the boat. After about the third one and not having said a word he looked at me and said " if they made them eat them damn things they would quit that". Anythime anyone talks about eatin bass I think of him. I think old fishing partner are the best. I have lost two in the last two years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast