• I hate Wally Marshal and Ms. Marshal.

2 20.00%
  • Who is Wally Marshal?

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ms. Crappie Rods @ Bass Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ms. Crappie Rods @ Bass Pro

So I was in Bass Pro last night and they are having a close out on Ms. Crappie rods (made by wally marshal). For $19.95 for any size, would you buy them?
    http://kansasoutdoorsman.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Junk, I have broken every rod with his name on it I have purchased. If you are looking for a quick fix for a weekend trip, buy it. But, I would spend more upfront for something that will last.
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

100% agree, I have broken everyone I have had. Luckly Paul lets me bring them back and swap them out...
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know anything about ms. series but I have a wally marshall slider that I like and use every time I go fishing. The reel seat is adjustable.
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

The Ms. crappie series is exactly the same as the Wally Marshal Signature series rods. They are IM6 and come in 5'6", 8', and 10'. The signatures also come in 12' and 14'. I believe they are usually $45-50 depending on the length. The only difference is the Ms. series have a pink tip!

Post Thanks / Like

I like my wally's, but the pink ones are for guys like Chatt .

Antioch Bass Pro will replace any of them that break for free. I have not had that happen to me yet, but I was with a buddy when he took his in and as long as it is a legit break from fishing. If they can tell some one stepped on it and it is smashed all around the break then they are most likely not to do it, but they said even then they may.

I know it is a pain in the butt to take it back, but I would rather do that than have to pay $20 for a replacement tip. But I am also a cheap punk.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a WM signature series 11ft. a year ago and like it just fine. I have put it through the normal abuse of crappie fishing, you know getting hung up in the hedges and snapping your jig off the limbs, sticking the tip down into the snag to free it up and so far no breakage, I also like the way it feels and it doesn't tire you out after fishing all day. Just my 2 cents worth.
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I bought all they had, which was three (2-10's and 1-8'). I have had good luck with the Wally's. I have broken one (it was my fault), but Bass Pro replaced it. Even if they are pink tipped, at 19.95 I can't pass it up. I figure I'll at least use them spider rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell just take some spray paint to it. Put some hunter orange on there and you will be as manly as they come.

Post Thanks / Like

b-n-m is the only way to go BUT these outlaw rods they've been giving away at the HD turny have a good feel to them nice and stiff with alot of back bone I might be switching over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast