Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/26 evening trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8/26 evening trip

Sent the girlfriend off to work and headed out for an evening excursion to a local small lake for a couple hours. Once the jig bite turned off I switched to trolling. I recently purchased a small two man boat with a trolling motor. Got a heck of a deal on it, getting the boat and two trolling motors for $150!!!!!!!!!!! The "extra" trolling motor is only good for parts. Here's some pics of the outstanding evening I had. Decided to just catch. and release. Multiple doubles while trolling. No idea how many I ended up catching, but it had to be close to 100. Unbelievable action. I trolled at .6 mph with 20 foot of line out on each rod. Jigs used while casting were blue/white and blue/chartreuse. While trolling they seemed to want curly tail grubs and baby shad more. Fish were caught in 5-8 foot of water. Here's a few pics, some are blurry as I had to use my cell phone. God bless.
    "Confidence in your God given abilities will add more crappie to your daily limit!"

Post Thanks / Like

"Confidence in your God given abilities will add more crappie to your daily limit!"

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some pics of the lures used trolling. One "secret" I used for crappie fishing is Spike It Garlic Scent lure dye. This stuff is amazing. God bless. Here's what happens when you catch too many crappie on one lure:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outstanding Job

As well as nice pics....... they look like crappie to me........:D:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Mike looks good. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great evening, congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

nice but not as nice as the fish cleaning lady pictures, congrats. on the good time,

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a great evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics! Great job trolling for em!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    nice but not as nice as the fish cleaning lady pictures, congrats. on the good time,
    Will try to get her back out with me and take some pics so ya'll can "enjoy" 'em. We did fish a pond I hadn't fished in years yesterday for crappie, but all we caught were a BOATLOAD of 5-6" crappie, and I mean a bunch. Every cast. Bad news is that where we fished is a 4 acre lake that's about 13 foot deep, so it looks like we need to remove ALOT of crappie from there. Will have to use 'em for fertilizer or transplant a few here and there. Thanks for the congrats everyone. God bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast