Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: www.crappie.com error message

Post Thanks / Like

Default works now

works now
    Last edited by Pomoxis; 08-26-2009 at 03:21 PM.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

i keep getting it. i have to go into history to get on.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the error message you get?

It's all supposed to be fixed, so if you're having problems, I'd like to know.

I pm'd you as well rapman
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

it cleared up for me. From memory it appeared to be a rendering issue where the board was determining if I had a cookie/session saved or established, if not then assign guest. Changing the url from "http://www.crappie.com" to "http://www.crappie.com/crappie" got around it (my history popped the url and I selected). I was getting it with Google Chrome and noted I didn't get the error with IE.

I'm not able to duplicate the error with either browser at this time.
    Last edited by Pomoxis; 08-27-2009 at 05:36 AM. Reason: board rendered the URLs in the text so added double quotes
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Jermo, you are spot on. Rapman sent me the specifics of his error message and if was a "duplicate" session manager issue. I looked in the session table and cleared out some records that looked like duplicates. It's not easy to figure out sometimes as there really are hundreds of tables involved with this message board. It's a great systems, but very complex. Thanks all.

And this is actually a user specific (or a couple users) problem, we did have general web server issues that the host has taken care of. We should be all good now on all fronts. The users that seem to have had the problem were at ip addresses starting with 205.188....
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

One common issue I've found is the Cache feature. Sometimes it will get "stuck". Periodic clearing helps but "shouldn't" be required. Of course once we clear the cache performance will drop until the cache is re-populated. My best guess is that any corruption due to interrupted session is stored for some reason which is then seen as a "hung" session. Since the UID part is missing/corrupt the system assigns "guest" but then failes due to the malformed request being stored.

keep in mind this is pure conjecture based on what I've seen setting up/maintaining boards over the years.
    jer

also with it being based on a specific subnet that provider may have a proxy or caching type device in line.
    just random thoughts based on the indications and data at hand..

back to our regularly scheduled fishing
    Last edited by Pomoxis; 08-27-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: forgot some info..

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I get sometimes:

mossession::store failed
    DB function failed with error number 1062
    Duplicate entry '1-' for key 2 SQL=INSERT INTO jos_session ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest` ) VALUES ( '7d54ddac257658163d7e5247645490d7','1251387816','' ,'0','1' )

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, one night I may have to shut down the board and clean up the whole session table. Seems to be sporadically reappearing. Sorry guys, thanks for your patience.
    Owner