PDA

View Full Version : Smithville Tips for this Friday 08/28/09???

keeferfish
08-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Anyone have any ideas to catch some crappie this Friday at Smithville? I have a 12 year nephew in from San Diego who loves to fish so we’ll go rain or shine. I know the conditions are HARD right now with high water, pulling water and more rain on the way. The tournament last Saturday was also tough. I hate to say it but I might even resort to fishing minnows around the bridge. :eek:

Crappie Executioner
08-26-2009, 08:02 AM
For numbers of fish I would concentrate on the bridge pillars. Use jigs in blue/white and orange/chartreuse. Count down to around 15 or so and jig them up REALLY slow. The slower you reel/jig, the more bites/fish you'll get. Have fun, enjoy and good luck. God bless.

sliles
08-26-2009, 08:29 AM
If you fish the bridge pillars be prepared for small fish.If I were you I would go up into trimble and fish the outer trees. I always do well use dark jigs tipped with minnows.

got crappie
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm with crappie executioner with a 12 year old boy its more about catching than size and the bridge is good for that,and you will catch a few good ones roaming . Buy the way it was nice meeting you the other day. Dave

keeferfish
08-28-2009, 04:09 PM
We had quite a few shorts on a very very light bite. A few on the bridge, a few out of brushpiles and had some on the Trimble dam. My nephew also had a catfish and the big fish of the day a DRUM:eek:! Minnows:eek:!

got crappie
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Well I hope he had a good time. Dave