Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishin in the Rain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishin in the Rain

I posted this on the NC board, but figured I'd do it here too. Im home for fall break and plan on fishing everyday but its supposed to rain for the next 2 days straight. Is it worth going fishin in the rain? Will the fish be turned off because of the weather? As long as its not lightening, I have no problem going, just wanted some experienced answers. --- Ben
    What's worse, to be in church wishing you were fishin' or to be fishin' and know you should be in church?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't let it stop me from giving it a shot. There've been times when we've been fishing and rain came in and they started biting like crazy. Of course, it hasn't turned out that way every time, but I'm like you, if it's not lightning, load up and go!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing in the rain or right before the rain comes is a great time to fish.

I think that Jerry said it best when he said that the fish seem to sense the coming rain and start feeding agressively.

Get yourself a good rain suit and enjoy the days.

I fished many a day in the rain when I was younger. I never did like the rain much but it sure didn't bother the fish.

Fish have built in wet suits. LOL

I do sometimes wonder just how the lighting may effect the fish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpon
    I posted this on the NC board, but figured I'd do it here too. Im home for fall break and plan on fishing everyday but its supposed to rain for the next 2 days straight. Is it worth going fishin in the rain? Will the fish be turned off because of the weather? As long as its not lightening, I have no problem going, just wanted some experienced answers. --- Ben
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

It's been my experience that fish can bite really well during periods of light to moderate rain. But if there is a sever thundershower with a lot of lightning, thunder and heavy rain they'll be a bit timid for a while. You'll likely do better fishing in the rain than you will for a day or two after it is over assuming the rain is associated with a passing front.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say during some seasons, I have caught more fish in the rain. Do what Moose days, go get a good rain suit and enjoy yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I have also have some very good fishing trips in the rain, or sleet, or snow. But like Jerry said, thunder and lightning can give them tight lips. Besides, if it's thundering and lightning, you need to be off the water anyway. Lightning and fishing are a bad combination.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

get yourself a good rainsuit and have at it. be sure to layer your clothing if it's supposed to be cool. you darn sure dont want to get hypothermia. some of my best trips have been in light to moderate rain. it also helps that the rain seems to run off some the fair weather fishermen/competition too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Fishing in the rain or right before the rain comes is a great time to fish.

I think that Jerry said it best when he said that the fish seem to sense the coming rain and start feeding agressively.

Get yourself a good rain suit and enjoy the days.

I fished many a day in the rain when I was younger. I never did like the rain much but it sure didn't bother the fish.

Fish have built in wet suits. LOL

I do sometimes wonder just how the lighting may effect the fish though.
    I wonder how it is that fish can "sense the coming rain".
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be the barometric pressure? UMMMMM?
    Last edited by 1weezer; 10-05-2005 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Slow rain is good. Here's a pic from a trip earlier this year where it drizzled rain all day. The clients were wet but happy.

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast