Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Seasonal Patterns

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seasonal Patterns

Looking at the extended forecast, it looks like we are headed for a cooling off period with the temps for the next couple of weeks only in the mid 70's. How does this affect the Crappie? Do they still hang around the trees? Do they head for deeper water? What kind of pattern do you all fish as the weather and water cools? Thanks, Jack

Post Thanks / Like

I usually quit fishing by Sept 1 to dove hunt, teal hunt, etc. I may go some over the Labor Day weekend and find out.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

This last cold front sent them shallow. Early Fall and cooler nights moves them towards the mouths of creeks again if my memory serves me right (and it often does NOT).

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We were catching them in 2 feet of water dipping brush and stake beds last weekend after the cool front went through. It was just like spring.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I learned something new today!!! I thought since we were catching them on the edge they would start going deep. Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have caught

many a crappie on a spawn like conditon,in october: even used a jig under a cork about 2' of water....... gotta be versitile.... then I have also slayed them in cedars in 20' fow down 10-12'..... flats will soon play out, unless you think shallow.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to hear from you on this Monty, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking back about 7 or 8 years ago

Nephew and I were in a cove a couple miles from long shoal in late october, we weren't doing anygood on anything, cedars, hardwoods, nothing, finally I said lets try the bank, he says are you crazy, I said yes I am but you are in my boat, worked us over by the bank and the first time down... bam he liked to have sheet.... we didn't slaughter them but I rember we had like 20 nice black crappie...... so when all else fails...... hit the CRAZY button......:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

On loz when the first cool front rolls through it usually seems to trigger the fish into biting,they can be caught in many different areas/depths with the shallow pattern being my favorite for bigger fish,get after em they will be a bit more aggresive when the water cools.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie