Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Ford/Chevy - tell me a story

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speaking of Ford/Chevy - tell me a story

about your first car/truck.

Mine was a dandy. 1979 Ford F-100 stepside with a 302, 3 speed on the column, glass packs and no air except for the sliding back glass and the side vents. Gave only $1400 dollars for it on account of the paint being rusted off it. Ran many a road with that old truck and put one engine and 5 clutches in it. Think I ran it for a good 6 years and it was always easy to find in the parking lot at Delta State because none of the Brand new BMWs would park close to it cause they figured if I was low class enough to drive something like that, then surely I would ding their cars on purpose. LOL.

Needless to say, I didn't have a lot of extra money back in the day (this was before I built my multi national, multi billion, multi fictional empire). One year, the heat stopped working and of course I couldn't afford to have it looked at, so what's an enterprising young man about town to do? Well, I loaded up the cab with three blankets and varied the layers to adjust the temp as needed. No 3 dog nights for me cause I couldn't afford to feed a dog Well, that went on all winter and sometime during the summer when I had enough money to have the heat looked at, the mechanic fixed it for $7 dollars. The cable on the temperature slide had broken. Needless to say, Is didn't think it was too funny.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

My first new car was when I was 13...a brand new school bus yellow PINTO...ouch...almost got killed with that weak 4 cylinder...My first new truck...or truck type...was a 1973 Ford Bronco...first year for the automatic transmission. Every 6000 miles afterwards until 1975...I got a new one...lol

Post Thanks / Like

1976 Pontiac LeMans, this thing was a tank that could fly...literally. I was 17 and out with the boys. Drinkin suds and jumping hills on an exceptionally hilly stretch of road ( quite stupid in my youth ). Guy in the back seat says " you know this road dead ends at holmes rd. after the last hill. " I reply " let me know when we get to the last hill " his response " it's back yonder". Lead sleds don't stop from 80mph in less than a hundred feet. Missed the stop sign, across the intersecting road, airborne over an eight foot deep ditch, hit a telophone pole, car comes to rest down in the ditch tail lights pointed to the sky. Walked three miles to get a guy with a 4x4 to pull us out. Only damage to the car... broken headlight! Gotta love old American steel.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Truck

My first ride was brand new. Had 16 miles on the odometer. A Jeep Comanche truck.. Before you think I was born with the silver spoon,,, Bought it with my own money. Joined the Army 6 days after graduation and was over seas in 4 months and had nothing to spend the money on I was making. By the time my tour was done came home to the brand new truck I had ordered quite a proud moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRAPPIEHUNTER68 View Post
    My first ride was brand new. Had 16 miles on the odometer. A Jeep Comanche truck.. Before you think I was born with the silver spoon,,, Bought it with my own money. Joined the Army 6 days after graduation and was over seas in 4 months and had nothing to spend the money on I was making. By the time my tour was done came home to the brand new truck I had ordered quite a proud moment.
    Yeah...me too on the silver spoon...we had three Ford dealerships... was my reason...every 6000 miles the Demo money would run out...if you ran it over that. My Dad was so tight he sqeaked when he walked...no free rides in his world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1964 Chevy Biscayne

White with a Black top. Had a 3 speed on the column with a slant 6. LOVED that car cause you could run into a tree , barn, another car, didn't mattercause you couldn't hurt that sucker. LOL Dad gave it to me when I graduated HS and that was one hunting and fishing machine. Couse we called it THE BAT MOBILE due to it's mudgrip tires, rod holders that were mouted above the windows and where it had rusted, dad took some gloss white paint and painted over it making it look like it had bright white spots all over the place. She ran good and never let me down though. Was funny looking as all get out though, especially when I rammed my 12 foot john boat in the trunk and tied it down to go fishing at my favote hole
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 1980 "Vette". That's what I tell everyone anyway. 1980 Puke green Chevette, 4 door hatchback. I wrecked it one time and completely tore the front fender off of it. My dad made me drive it without a fender for about six months. I could fill it up from dead empty for $10 and ride for two weeks.
    TLOW OF HERNANDO

Post Thanks / Like

1982 Chevy S-10. It was two years old and had nearly 100,000 on it
    when I got it. First year for the S-10, had the anemic lil 1.9L Izuzu motor
    in it and it wouldn't pull nothin, but that didn't stop us from hooking a boat
    to it anyway. It came factory WITHOUT power brakes - had A/C, power
    steering, but not brakes. Took both feet on the pedal to much stop, and
    it was always a hoot to watch a "new fish" buddy drive it for the first time...
    watch their eyeballs get big as saucers first time they eased on the brake
    pedal and it didn't do anything

Still got her, use it here at work for local run-arounds. Over 400,000
    on it now, but not much left original but the body. 2.8 V-6, swapped 4 speed
    for a 5 with OD, put POWER BRAKES on it (finally) swapped bench seat for
    buckets, swapped 3.08 rear end for a 3.42 when it got to howling so loud
    you couldn't talk over it. Later model rims and mirrors, painted once...
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

1968 Olds Cutlass 442, actually its was moms but I took over on it when I got my license.White, black top,black racing stripes,rack and pinion steering no power......The first [I] actually owned was a $300 Red Ford Pinto.It had alluminum slots and low profile 60 series tires on back with air shocks, I was styling lol....Rear floor board had them flinstone floor boards, the kind you could see the road just by looking down....
    Just another Crappie day!

Post Thanks / Like

First vehicle was a god awful green 1967 plymouth valaint with a slant 6. Had all the bells and whistles. Next was a hand me down rust colored Pinto that you filled up with oil and checked the gas. My favorite and wish I still had it was a 1972 elcamino SS 454, red and black stripes with black bucket seats and chevy mags. I use to put the slicks on at the track in Greenville and it would pull the front tires off the ground. I also had a 1987 elcamino SS I wish I still had.

The fastest I had was a 1990 Chevy SS 454, would run a 10 quater with a shot of NOS.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast