Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Moving

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Moving

Crappie are just starting to move down the creeks, out of their summer pattern on Palestine and Tyler. Not many numbers yet, but I caught some really nice fish over the past weekend in 14-18 foot of water off of main lake points and mouth of creeks. Alot of these spots have been reaaaaaaal slow for the summer, but are now showing signs again. Caught most on red/white cream lure oversize jigs. It should only get better with water temp falling into the low 80s.
    Good luck fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Whacked larger than normal crappie today at Ft. Phantom Hill, north of Abilene. Water temp. was 69 degrees, had several 42 degree nights this week. Minnow bite only, they wanted no part of jigs. They were slamming the minnows hard, no finicky bite, but you had to do lots of searching as they were not on every brush pile.

Good Fishing,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Belton seems to be following the pattern of Tyler and Palestine. Mud Dabber you've had a lot cooler weather than we've had. Still got highs in the high 80's to low 90's. can't seem to work our way into fall this year.

I did manage to catch a few keepers on Sunday before the sun got up high and the skiers and jet skiers got out. Mostly on minnows fishing 14-16 feet down in 20 feet of water where the main channel runs right up against a steep bank with some stumps on it.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing Lake houston the past couple of weeks and they have been small and steady, Our fall pattern is on its way, low 60's high 80's+ 2weeks= big uns