Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling for crappie

This Past Spring Was My First Time To Troll For Crappie And We Got Real Good At It. I Was Wondering Will The Crappie Be In The Same Locations In The Fall, Like Spring. The Magic Temp In Spring Was Around 50 Degrees. When The Water Drops In The 50's Can I Cathem The Same Way.
    Roll Tide Roll with a crappie on a pole!

Post Thanks / Like

You do not have to wait for the temperature to get that low. 70 to 75 degree water should trigger the fall bite. I will start in the mouths of the creeks and work toward the back of them and checking for suspended fish in different depths as I go. We shot docks yesterday and did real well. Cant wait to start trolling again. Good fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

You can troll year around but its a little different in the bite just stay with the bait youll find the fish

Post Thanks / Like

I use to troll year a round and caught fish year around. Done it for about 5 years, Just got tired of it. Now I am hooked on spider rigging and dock shooting. It's all Good.

Post Thanks / Like

Country Boy, what lakes do you mainly fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EARL KITCHENS View Post
    Country Boy, what lakes do you mainly fish?
    Lake Murray, wateree and Norman. Got a small lake here at home, moss lake. The last time I trolled was at Murray at the end of may and did real good , 40 in about 3 hours, that was early in the morning. Too hot in the middle of the day for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I had never trolled past the end of April until this year. I usually start shooting docks at the end of April but after the Ga. Slabmaster tournament this year at Talquin in June my thought pattern has changed. We had seven crappie the first day that weighed in at 9.9 lbs. I could not believe you could catch fish of that quality trolling in June. I have been told by one of the best crappie fisherman that I know that the fall bite will start back when the water temperature gets back down to the mid to low 70's. I am also going to try pushing some with a spider rig setup this fall also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done real good trolling from Sept. till middle of Dec. This fall I am going to focus on dock shooting more.