Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stake beds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stake beds

I have the porpucine's in, and I think they will work, so my next project is going to be a couple of stake beds but I am going to use pvc for the stakes, none over 3' long and make this thing about 6' long and 2 or 3' wide with about 20 or so stakes sticking up instead of using sticks..... I don't have a clue if they will work?? I am getting everything cut and ready the nephew is coming in over the labor day weekend and he can weld a couple of things together for me...... hope they work for shallow crappie... any thoughts give me the works.......:D:D I like to use a little steel in mine..... reason is I can use a magnet to find them easier.. gps gets me close but I wanta know excatly where they are.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

They should work,stake beds are by far my favorite type of beds i have about 50 of em and they all produce some pvc but the wood produces alot better for me.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey thanks bug

What kinda wood works best? I am flexiable.....I can use a little of both..... I can use wood my neighbors got all kinds of trees.....

Post Thanks / Like

YouTube - Crappie Fishing - How to make a crappie stake bed
    hope you can open this link oss its a u-tube think showing one way to place stake beds
    also there is a link on how to build a stake driver out of pvc,,i made one one time but am having a issue on finding it for you,,if i do i will post it,,,fuzzy
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks fuzzy

Kinda stupid like Beagle says here on Truman to put out beds and such with all the timber we have , but there are a few nice places that could use a little freshen up..... points...... shallow spots...etc......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Kinda stupid like Beagle says here on Truman to put out beds and such with all the timber we have , but there are a few nice places that could use a little freshen up..... points...... shallow spots...etc......

here is the pic i was looking for just add a second 10' section ,,easy to carry and use
    good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I do not do this often, but I will say I am sorry for saying it is stupid to put fish attractors in truman, I do not remember saying that, but If you said I did I will accept that, sorry again, I have about 600ft of pvc and I was getting ready to make up some for table rock. any structure is good on any lake, I have fished BUGMANS stake beds and we have had several stake bed gatherings to build and put them out, so go for it,

Post Thanks / Like

Default You don't need to say you're sorry

We were looking on your lap top at some spots and I know you and I discussed the putting of crappie beds in truman, you may have and probably did say something more along the lines of, "what the he-- you want with beds with all that timber"... does this jog your mind and I am the one who needs to say sorry, just using a hillybilly term..... stupid as I am......:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stake Beds

I used to fish alot of steak beds at Kentucky Lake. All were made of wood. The majority were put in shallow water where you could see them. Most were the tomatoe stake type. They were not put in uniformily. Different angles and such. Some were 5' X 5' and some were as big as 10' X 20'. All produced fish with some better than others. Make sure you leave enough room between stakes so the crappie can move around in them unrestricted.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Default stake beds

Got about 100 or so left. You make the driver:D
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast