Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great deals at BPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great deals at BPS

Visiting my middle daughters family in Acworth for the weekend and they wanted to go to Discovery Mills Mall in Lawrenceville to school cloths shop so I grudgingly agreed. When we arrived the first thing I noticed was BPS, hurrah. Spent 3 hours in the store while they wandered the mall' My wife was so pleased that i let them shop she temporarily lost her mind and said " get whatever you need for fall fishing" ( her first mistake of the year). Man i love BPS. Dont care about the prices, just the fact that they have everything a fisherman needs is worth it. Got a jig tying kit, new nightstalking light, wore out the bargin bins for some small crankbaits, picked up some plastic and jigs. First time in my life that wife and kids asked me if i was ready to leave cuz THEY wanted to go home. Good Fishing to all
    RCFillingham

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because of their prices...it's been several years since I've visited BPS. But I especially like visiting there right before deer season opens. There's still several TV's running fishing programs, but I always catch myself standing around watching the deer hunting flicks on some of the TV's too.:o It's a dream store, no doubt. I cant go there for less than a hundred.:rolleyes::D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The store in Springfield, MO. has live ducks in the aquarium ponds, and it's several levels. They're great store's, but I sometimes walk away from stuff cuz of their pricing. Can't have it all, I guess. Each one is a little different, so if you travel give them a look.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I glad that I have to drive 2 hours to get to a BPS. We make one trip a year. It's a candy store for any sportsman
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Question No bargians

I have never walked into a Bass Pro or Cabels and found a great price deal on anything. They are all about pomp and mass.I see very little difference between the two .The bargain bin is just stuff that wasn't selling well.
    Bass Pro Micro Lite rods are (in my opinion) great, but need to wait for a sale to be properly priced.
    Yes, I look at the mounts and fish. But if there was a place near with great prices on the same goods I wanted,, I wouldn't darken the "big box" door.
    Illinoisgiller

Post Thanks / Like

I live about 1 1/2 from bps & that's a good thing for my billfold.
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

ha ha they do have some goood stuff
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

I live about 50 miles from the one in Prattville AL, I'm on there mailing list so I get sales info, that's when I buy. They also give a 10% Military discount, they advertise to give it between the 15th to the 22nd each month but they will give it to you at anytime, just ask.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

My local bass pro is 12 minutes from my house driving speed limit of 30 mph in town, actually its the next suburb west of me. I am sitting about 45 minutes drive from two Cabela's stores, one north the other southeast.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have you all beat on the distance. Cabela's Boise store is about four blocks from me.

I have to be careful not to go there too often.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast