Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Upper today 8/21

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Upper today 8/21

EE and I put in at sparrowfoot this am about 7 am.... hit a few tour holes working our way down to Otter wind was calm and not too bad.... fished otter a little and then on down to hays, pretty bob, u bridge area... caught a few tour fish early and then from about 9 am on it got tough and the wind got tougher and tougher, we caught fish from 8 fow to 20 fow mostly 10' down..... started making our run back to Sparrowfoot, holy chit them is 4'ers' out there, we had to very slowly make our way from Otter to the rr tracks and then west wind was tearing us a new you know what trying to go sideways took on about 40 gallon of water, ah and then we clear the tree line and had a little wind blockage from the west bank, I even turned old nellie loose for a little bit I was so dam happy to be out of that crap, another reason I don't fish tour anymore..... I am not sure I still have all my body parts will check or have my wife check.... I know I sure have a sore AZZ from the waves... we is never doing this again, when they say 25 mph winds I ain't calling them on it..... I keep my butt down and closer to the ramp.....:D i think the weekend bite up is going to be a little tougher than it has been....... most of them are knocked out from the waves.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

You SURE you wern't on Stockton? Said I wasn't gonna do that any more, but keep finding out I'm a Liar.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It can get rough on the Deepwater flat. Does not take much wind if it is blowing the right direction and it gets pretty hairy through there.

Post Thanks / Like

Well At Least You Caught Some Fish! Lol, So Did I Today! Lol, Every Dink That You And Ron Didn't Catch Yesterday! Only Got 2 Keepers But I Bet I Got 30 Or More 8 3/4 Inch Fish! All Of Them In 20 Feet Or Less Around Hardwoods And Stumps! Got Some In 10 Feet Of Water. All Of Them Caught On Ford Blue & White Or Ford Blue And Chart. Had A Ball, Wind Was A Mess But New Prop Made The Boat Handle Much Better! More On That New Prop Later In Off Topic.

Oh And There Is A God! Kyle Busch Has Crashed In The Nationwide Race!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh And I Had To Go To Mcdonalds Tonight To Get A Filet-o-fish Because I Am Not Smart Enough To Catch A Keeper!

Post Thanks / Like

Bob and I had a rough morning also. We would pick up a fish here and there and finally had to get out of the wind. We started at Jackson and went on up past U bridge. After that abuse we decided to go down and find clear water and the bite was a little better. Ended up cleaning 8. 12 to 20 , half way down. It was a chore trying to find calm water. We got to visit with DMW "Dan" at ramp this morning. Wind kinda made it like work! Always fun fishing with Bob though
    Last edited by Buckwheat 1; 12-04-2009 at 08:47 PM.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going in tough conditions!

Bob it is August and you have long sleeves on.

Post Thanks / Like

Buckwheat

I'm Gonna Brag On Your Picture Of Bob. Very Well Done. I Like The Sparkle On The Eye Of The Fish. It's Best When The Tail Is Bent Like That One Is. Makes Them Look Healthy. Nice Touch. Try To Duplicate That Again. On The Other Hand Maybe You Planned It. If So Can I Have The Inside Scoop On How To Make That Work.

You Need To Take Monty Fishing And Show Him How It Done............

Nice Fish Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My crappie are always grinning

Because they got caught by OSS and get to go back........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

good job EE putting up with oss had to be a rough day, if you could just keep him from blowing so much the waves would not have been so bad,,,,,, nice picture fish, good catch bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast