Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain Report, 8/16 thru 8/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain Report, 8/16 thru 8/19

Water nice, Clear and green. No, mud. Rained Sunday, poured, 6 1/2 inches. Rained Monday, 4 1/2 inches. Tuesday and Wednesday atleast the same. For you F-150 owner's, Ford put a high speed on there "wiper motors" for all those truck's from 99,on. I just found this out. Slow Trolled minnr's 8 to 10 along the channel's. 4 keeper's in 4 day's, not bad. Caught atleast 4 limit's of "DINK'S" a day. The best I've seen Twain in 11 years. Oh, And N2, Talked to a Corp. Guy Sunday at Robert Allen, There's no plan to drop the lake 10 feet, for repair's to the main dam. The repairs are needed below it, at the low water one. And, We did get to fish 5 to 6 hour's a day til, Lightening came to see us. I miss, Amos and Andy.
    Last edited by Mark Twains Crappie Dan; 08-20-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to be there this sat. hopefully can get some goodns

Post Thanks / Like

i'm thinking of going down saturday also, if you see a black and white skeeter stop and say hi. not sure where i'll be since i haven't been to twain in a while, good chance i'll be around indian creek or maybe north fork-- or both.

Post Thanks / Like

dont know a thing about your lake up there but I am glad you had a good time, maby I can make it up there in a year of two. keep feeding the crappie I like em about 10in long and fat

crappie up

Post Thanks / Like

Coming down tonite for a week. Going for cats as well as crappie. Haven't been out
    much, so hope for good time. Blue and white PROCRAFT. Stop and say Hi.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, You'd love it. And O'boy walk's his dog twice a day by the resort, where I stay. One of our kindda dog's. On a leash because she will chase those big rabbitts with the white flagged tail, once in awhile. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Dan

for dispelling the rumor about the lake being dropped ten feet.

Took my dad (84 yrs) out Friday, fished the Stoutsville area where I had done real well last week, couldn't hardly get a bite. The wind was terrible and dad doesn't like to go fast in the boat so we didn't move very far to search for fish. Had only one keeper.

Plan on going again Tuesday. Will most likely put in at 107 and fan out from there.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

fished twain saturday with a friend an we only got 12 keepers. fished around indian creek and south fork and we just never got on them. caught quite a few small fish but just couldn't find the good ones. went to seaver lake at newark mo. today and had a lot better day. caught about 26 keepers with the biggest at 2pounds and four ounces, the best fish iv'e ever caught at sever,

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish catman.

Post Thanks / Like

Went up there on Saturday and it was tough fishing (I wasn't fishing for crappie though). The bad part about it was all the people with the cat fish noodles throwing their sets across the navigation channels. I was coming out of South fork from J-point and about to make the sharp left turn toward School Bus Cove and there were two guy crossing the channel throwing noodles ACROSS the narrow channel-they were about 3-4 feet apart. I slowed down and asked "You realize this is a navigation channel, right?" The younger guy said "yeah". and kept slinging them out. I skirted them to the right next to the tree line and headed out. Then I get to the point to loop around to Middle fork and take that left turn at high speed and go through another set of a bunch of noodles. This time I stop and have to raise my motor to make sure I didn't wrap one up in my prop.

I would have called the Corp or water patrol, but didn't have cell phone coverage. I've jug fished before, but these things to not sit up high in the water and you can't see them when you're at water level and at speed. I wish I had seen a water patrol of conservation agent of some sort. By the time I saw them it was late in the day and I was headed in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast