Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody have a pontoon on Acton?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anybody have a pontoon on Acton?

We have several large, heavy clay drainage tiles that we would like to drop for structure, but we can't get more than one at a time in our little boat. These should make excellent fish structure for any number of species, especially cats.

We could meet you there with the tiles and then we would both have a good spot to fish next year. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

bluegill1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    We have several large, heavy clay drainage tiles that we would like to drop for structure, but we can't get more than one at a time in our little boat. These should make excellent fish structure for any number of species, especially cats.

We could meet you there with the tiles and then we would both have a good spot to fish next year. - Roberta
    Good morning!! Sorry I have a small boat also. I fished there yesterday and nothing!! Water color was different than I have seen there before? When do you think the fall bite might start?

Post Thanks / Like

We noticed the color, too. It's usually green murky or goes muddy after a heavy rain, but it was brown with tannin this weekend. Water isn't cold enough for turnover, so I don't know what's going on. Crappie fishing there hasn't been worth spit this year and the saugeye aren't growing as predicted. We think the draw down just before spring may have had an impact. Dunno .

If we have to, we'll rent a motorboat, but we'd rather not have the marina guys in on what we're doing. They fish, too. :-) Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

I only have a 14ft canoe with a trolling motor. But, please if you need any help let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer.I'd be afraid of rolling a canoe. Push comes to shove, we'll rent. - Roberta