Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: humming or lowrance?

Post Thanks / Like

Default humming or lowrance?

alright guys i need some info!!! been lookin at the 786ci chartplotter by hummingbird... its about 550$ and is just gps! also looked at the 597 and 587ci combos.. they got gps and depth finding.. there also a little cheaper... have not looked at any lowrances kinda leanin toward the hummingbird after fishin with buckwheats hummingbird... i loved the gps on it... dont need the side imaging or any of that cool stuff... any info would be great thanks Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the most expensive on you can afford. I would thin you would want gps and depthfinder.I have two hummingbirds on mine like em both.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about humminbirds but do get both the GPS and Fishfinder. You will regret it if you don't. I have Lowrance units with both and like them a lot. It makes it so easy to mark brush piles, navigate the channel, find my way in the dark, navigate a new lake or new area. Oh if your not sold on both yet it even shows the boat ramps, Marina's, contour lines with depth at normal pool. You can run them in split screen with the map on one side and fishfinder on the other. Mark locaitons you have caught fish etc, etc....

Post Thanks / Like

One of the nicest features of a GPS unit is the ability to load your honey holes into your PC and using a 3rd party software, you can then see where you have been fishing, and how well you've been doing where and when.

As fishers, we sometimes feel that the seat of our pants is the best tool we have for finding fish, but sometimes the help of some good experience can really make the seat of your pants shine.

That's why I like GPS... A shiney hiney.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I don't know anything about humminbirds but do get both the GPS and Fishfinder. You will regret it if you don't. I have Lowrance units with both and like them a lot. It makes it so easy to mark brush piles, navigate the channel, find my way in the dark, navigate a new lake or new area. Oh if your not sold on both yet it even shows the boat ramps, Marina's, contour lines with depth at normal pool. You can run them in split screen with the map on one side and fishfinder on the other. Mark locaitons you have caught fish etc, etc....
    POLE BENDER IS TELLING IT LIKE IT IS! GET BOTH GPS AND FISHFINDER! I DIDN'T GET BOTH THE FIRST TIME WHEN I PURCHASED THE NEW BOAT OR THE SECOND TIME WHEN I UPGRADED THE FISHFINDERS. BUT I HAD A HAND HELD GPS UNIT! LOL IT WENT OUT! GOT IT BACK WORKING AGAIN. FOUND ANOTHER HAND HELD GPS UNIT NOW HAVE 2 OF THEM IN MY BOAT!

FIRST TIME EARLY IN THE MORNING YOU GET OUT ON THE WATER AND THE FOG ROLLS IN YOU WILL LOVE THE GPS UNIT! I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW THE LAKE YOUR FISHING ON! NIGHT TIME OR FOG THE GPS UNITS ARE A MUST FOR SAFE FISHING ON LAKES! I ALWAYS THOUGHT I COULD DO IT WITHOUT A GPS UNIT SINCE I USED TO LIVE ON POMME DE TERRE. AFTER I GOT MY FIRST HAND HELD UNIT I FOUND OUT WHAT I WAS MISSING! I HAVE USED IT TO FIND MY WAY BACK TO THE BOAT RAMP MORE THAN ONCE IN THE DARK AND IN THE FOG! I WOULDN'T DREAM OF GETTING ON TRUMAN WITHOUT GPS PERIOD! OSS ISN'T ALWAYS AVAILABLE!

Post Thanks / Like

yep what pole bender said, I have a humminbird,and a lowrance the humminbird gps is great, maps and all the lowrance is on the front and it it super which ever you go to get the best you can afford.......

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys i appreciate alot!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i think im gonna go with the 597ci or the 788c both are combo units!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dude!

It's almost duck season....you better be savin some funds to buy fuel and my breakfast!:D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

krazy, didn't know you were a crappie fisherman! go get them ducks! Bruce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast