Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme Report

went 9/10, 9/13 & 9/15. on the 10th and 13th i kept 11 each day in about three hours. All fish were nice slabs (10-14) and i only threw back 2 fish that were under 9 inches. went this morning, 9/15, and i really struggled to find fish. fished the same timber that i had been fishing and they just weren't holding fish, maybe it has something to do with the front moving in. i did manage to pick up a few decent fish here and there. i ended up with only 5 keepers and none were over 10.5. For me, minnows are definitely outfishing jigs right now as i didn't catch a fish on a jig.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Adam, Never had to much luck there yet, what arm of the lake do u fish in?? Do you fish the brush piles that consveration has placed in the water?? Got any tips for me? Thanks Ted
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

i've only been there 5 or 6 times so i'm kind of new to the lake as well but i'll tell you what's worked best for me. i've been fishing mainly minnows and sometimes tube jigs (anything with chartreuse) on flooded timber in anywhere from 10 to 25 feet of water, but i just read a report on the web that said that have moved up to stumps in 6 to 8 foot of water so you might want to try that as well. I have yet to try any of the fish shelters but i definitely am going to give them a try. what has worked best is to start from the bottom and slowly reel up until you find fish. i've been fishing just south of nemo in a cove that is just loaded with flooded timber. like i said, i haven't had the best of luck either so i'm probably not the best guy for advice, but i hope this helps. i'll be there early in the morning and i'll report back. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

it rained me out on saturday, but i'll be going sometime this week