Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back From Canada!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back From Canada!

Had a great time, and I saw in my other thread that BarryG mentioned Manfred (the guy who run's Huber's). He is a character to say the least and I can't believe how many jokes this guy can tell, literally everytime we saw the guy he was telling a joke. Place is dead though, no other fisherman there the week we were there. The only other people we saw there were locals at their resteraunt, which is very good

Kind of tough fishing though, I guess their weather pattern has screwed everything up a little this year. But we got into good walleye all trip, ate as many as we could and brought back our limits so a great trip. No huge walleye at all, the biggest being around 25".

Caught a few nice smallies, and had a few big Northern or Muskie that bent the clasp on my steel leaders. I was throwing a top water popper and the thing came all the way out of the water, I set the hook and pulled and it was gone. I thought it broke my line but the clasp was wide open when I got it back in

Caught a 34" Northern on 6 lb test on an ultra light pole though, that is fun. You set the hook and think your hung up until it starts pulling line out. Hooked up with a couple but only got the one in the pic in the boat.

Saw 2 moose that swam across the lake, it had to be at least a mile across. Don't know what would make them do that, but them things can swim fast. They were going about 5 mph according to the GPS.

Name:  CanadaFishing09+004.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:  CanadaFishing09+002.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  74.8 KB

Name:  CanadaFishing09+016.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  CanadaFishing09+017.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  75.6 KB

Name:  CanadaFishing09+024.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  63.3 KB
    Last edited by CallWhy816; 08-17-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Called the moose an elk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great pics

sounds like you have a very good time.......... like that pic of them moose....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Nice glad you had a good time. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

glad ya enjoyed it , welcome home
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a good time. Nice fish
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice smalley, Good job!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip! Nice pics too.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the great trip! Welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics, especially the Moose, that's cool!

Post Thanks / Like

That was pretty cool to see, again I have no idea what would cause them to want to swim across this lake. It had to be at least a mile, and they were booking it fast.

I've got a good video of them trying to get out. They swam into a straight cliff face and couldn't get up so they had to swim down the bank a little bit.

Any ideas on what would make them swim across that lake? (other than to get to the other side)

Thanks for the kind words fellas, I may not have caught my trophy walleye or muskie but had a great time as always.

Good addition to the story, my dad forgot his passport (realized this around Minneapolis). We thought we were going to get searched and held up for a while at the border back into the USA, we ended up getting into the USA with less hassle than getting into Canada. I thought you had to have one now, but apparently not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast