Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: collins craft boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default collins craft boats

My father built Collins Craft Boats from Pace Fl in the 70s. He passed away this past Friday. I know there are lots of 30 year old Collins Craft still on the water cause they are great boats. I would like to see pictures and comments if you own one. Thanks Ray Collins

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of your loss, Ray. Take comfort in knowing that he left history behind that will have him remembered for years to come. I've seen the boats over the years, though never had a chance to fish from one.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and I assume you saw them in Tennesee?

Post Thanks / Like

I own one. No idea what model it is/was... its 13'7" stem to stern. Very low dead rise angle... I guess a shallow V hull.

Seems a very early design for a flats skiff to me. Not the fancy dancy ones they build today, but an honest, hard working little boat.

I'll take some shots on the trailer. Its in a mess right now, as the trailer is still on jack stands waiting on a new axle.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassn8ed View Post
    My father built Collins Craft Boats from Pace Fl in the 70s. He passed away this past Friday. I know there are lots of 30 year old Collins Craft still on the water cause they are great boats. I would like to see pictures and comments if you own one. Thanks Ray Collins
    Sorry to hear about your dad. I have a Collins Craft boat. I was wondering if you know where I could get the hard emblems that say "Collins Craft Pace FL". One of mine broke and I have been fixing the boat up. I will send you a picture of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by JRG69; 09-03-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you will send me your email address I can e-mail you a few pics. I am not sure how to post them here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up More Information

Ray I have run into a few things that mite be of intrest to you ... One thing was a boat that he gave to the Ol' Poor Boy Tournaments here in NW Fl.
    1st chance I get will look it all up as I know there is some stuff in the Ol Pcola Tournament of Champions booklets.

They were great boats.

Later
    JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

The easiest way to post a picture is to use the reply button and not the quick reply button. Click on the paper clip icon to the right of the smillie face. From there you will get a menu where you can add the picture. Just save the picture file to your desktop then use the browse from the menu find the pic on the desktop - click upload and your picture should be added. Just rememeber where you saved your picture. Try to keep the file as small as possible. There are limits on the size you can upload and you want to keep people from having to scroll to view the picture.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassn8ed View Post
    I have spent many hours in my collinscraft. I have filled that livewell often over the years.It is still in the crappie.com family. I sold it to jafacman. He restored it to like new condition. Man it looked good last month on the water. That boat was a great boat for me. It fishes great and has a good ride.
    these pics have patrs of the boat

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast