Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw 8-15 w/ OSS Minnow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw 8-15 w/ OSS Minnow

Well Sam and I got a late start this morning and didn't leave Springfield until 5 a.m. which put us pulling into a really rough crowd at 6:20 a.m. at the Bucksaw ramp this morning consisting of OSS, Jigging15, JustJiggin and PoleBender. Had a short BS session since we were the last to arrive and looked as though they had already solved most of the world problems. Put in and went down as far as the second powerline. Fished structure anywhere from 4 to 20 fow. Tried all different colors and nothing seemed to work any better than another. I don't think any tree produced more than one fish. Bite was slow but at least it was there prior to 8 or 8:30. After 9 a.m. I think we caught two more fish. Left a little after noon with 16 fish and six of those came from Ron and Ed. Thanks fellas. The lack of wind everybody had been talking about this week was there today for sure. Saw a lot of CDC members on the water today, didn't get to talk to everybody but hope we at least got a wave into you. Kaz, Buckwheat, Hardhunter, Bibgy, Ranger, gonefishingee, Ron, Jigging15, Justjiggin, PoleBender are a few I can remember. If I missed anybody help me out Monty or Sam. Wanted to drive Monty's old 91 Ford but he wouldn't even let me in it. Must have thought I might leave Rice behind. Bite was slow but we still had a great time. Hey Ed, is it true that Monty actually eats? Sam and I tried to buy his lunch at the marina and of course he wouldn't go. Never seen the man eat a thing except at Camp. Thanks Monty for a great day. He had a blast. Good to see everybody else also. Here's a couple of pictures I took with my phone. Hookedonfishin and OSS sure look cozy going down the water. :p You guess who the other two cats are. Sam will post some he took later I'm sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by WantinCrappie; 08-15-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't do very good! It's not fair they catch'em in light winds all week long and then come the weekend when the working man finally gets to go they Quit and the wind blows hard. jj and Polebender.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like alot of fun and great company!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I saw you guys near mouth of pretty bob today. Pretty crappy with the wind. Finally get up there and it go's to crap. Couple of keeperswe had came up by otter. Glad you had some to take home, we tossed our back on our way out about 1:30.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

well dont gents cudos for sticking it out,, sounds like y'all had a good day

Post Thanks / Like

atleast we were not the only ones that struggled we ended up with 9 on the grand than went to the osage for a couple of hours and picked up 7 more.... 16 total!! i guess i didnt see everyone down there but did regonize some guys and stopped and talked... nice seein you ll again lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please tell me they're not,,,

Chris, they weren't cuddlin' in that picture were they?

Post Thanks / Like

Ya he eats just fine at lunch through the week.:D:D
    He also eats pizza every Wednesday.:D:D
    He was in a hurry to get home for his NAP.
    He needed to get it in before the nationwide race started.:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeh

well my new ladder came today, going to install it tomorrow and I sure hope you never need to use it.......... it would be once and done and broken........ I won't tell you what its rated capacity......:D:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see all you CDC members today. The bite was slow to none. PoleBender & I stayed to 3 pm cleaned fish got boat loaded & here came the storm & wall of rain. Pulled under the canopy & put the cover on & headed home. Drove in the rain all the way home until Spfd & no rain.
    We cleaned 15 keepers most of ours came off Blk/Silver. Minnows none. We fished from Otter to Long Shoal.
    Ed thanks for the tip on the creek ledges. will keep that in mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast