Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reconditioned trolling motors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reconditioned trolling motors

Cabelas is selling reconditioned Minn Kota trolling motors. Does anyone know anything about these motors, Warranty? Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

CF - I'm pretty sure they come with the same warranty as a new one.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I would reccomend staying with basic motors without all of the electronics unless you are buying it for something other than tournament fishing...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for the warning but this is the type of trolling motor that I've always had and are used to and really got good service out of the old powerdrive. I really want it for the autopilot. I use to have one with the autopilot with the radio controller and it worked good until a circuit board fried and was going to cost 400 big ones to fix. Someone happened to trade the powerdrive I have now in on a transom mount unit the next day and I bought that unit for 200. I kept the old autopilot because alot of the parts were interchangeable. I got four years out of this old unit with no complaints and it has a cord with the controller which makes it about a third of the cost of fixing the cordless models so I was told. I miss the autopilot feature. I fish by myself alot and that could really come in handy.The old unit is probably between 7 and 10 years old and the motor itself has never given me a minutes trouble. I have taken your warnings to heart and am trying to be cautious and I appreciate them. I will probably get another powerdrive and may get tought a lesson that I won't like so wish me luck. Thanks man. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion