Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OT: Rita was here

Post Thanks / Like

Default OT: Rita was here

Soon it will be 9 full days without electricity. We still have no phone other than cell and that has only been last 3 days. We only got water back 2 days ago.

We got hit pretty hard and this is my first chance to come here to the board. I did get on line at my wife's office a couple of days ago, but didn't have any of my links. Just wanted to let all know I was alive, but without anything other than food and a way to cook outside. It has been hot here too making it really miserable and when I say hot...like 98 with no wind and very humid. Even so showers are very cold, but am tankful we got water back.

I will come back when I get a chance or elect is back up.

I did just finally get a generator Friday so at least have a few lights now and frig on with some fans.

See you soon and yes the Cowboys stunk it up today. I was able to see the game with my new generator. So have TV since Friday.

Oh almost forgot my home town where I was born and grew up was devastated. You can go to KOGT.com to see pictures there of Orange TX.

I am 90 miles from Orange and it was still a category 2 hurricane when it got here and it stopped here with us in the NE bad spot for 2 hours before it moved at all. We had tornado's by the bunch and could here them every few minutes for about 3 hours.

I went through 2 Category 4 hurricanes in the past and never heard anything like this one. Never thought it would do so much damage here this far from the coast, but I was really wrong.

See you guys soon!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes to you and yours Skip. I know what you are going thru. I bought a generator several years ago and when Isabel hit us, it really got a work out. I was lucky as far as water as I'm on a well system.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Skip. I bet you and yours could give us all a lesson in appreciation of the simple things in life right now. Thank God you are all ok, though.
    I hope the electricity and EVERYthing gets back to normal for you soon.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here of your bad luck but at least you are well,our prayers are with you
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Skiptomylou. We here in Shreveport got a visit from Rita, the eye passed about 10 miles west of us, but when she got here she was no more than a pussycat. We got over 4 inches of rain and the highest wind we experienced was only 74 mph as recorded at the Municipal Airport. I hope you get everything back together soon, and God Bless you and yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip... glad to hear yall are ok, Are prayers will be for your speedy recovery from this nasty storm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hope it gets better

Skip: I sure hope you can get electricity real quick, cause it's way too hot to be without it. We're still praying for you all and the people affected by Katrina also.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,Glad your o.k.,hope things get better quick for you!!Hang in there buddy!!!Your in our prayers!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com