Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transducer Degree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer Degree

WHO KNOWS WHAT THE BOTTOM LOOKS LIKE WITH A 120 DEGREES TRANSDUCER.. 10 FOOT OF WATER??? ANY ONE GOT A GRAFT. THAT SHOW DIFFERENT DEPTH WITH DIFFERENT DEGREE OF TRANSDUCERS THERE SOME IN THE ACHIVES BUT CANT FIND WHAT i'M LOOKING FOR?

HEY CANEPOLE I KNOW YOU KNOW

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this is what you're after, but I think it would be about 34.5'. That is, if my numbers are correct. It's been a while...

This is using (Tan 60*(10'))(2) = 34.6'
    Last edited by talltimber; 08-14-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: malfunction

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Below is a quick reference chart for the area covered by the specific cone angle listed. For example, if you are fishing in 10 feet of water and the cone angle on your transducer is 20 degrees, the area across the bottom is 3.5 feet.

* 20 degrees - 0.35 or roughly 1/3 of depth
    * 24 degrees - 0.42 or roughly 2/5 of depth
    * 30 degrees - 0.53 or roughly 1/2 of depth
    * 40 degrees - 0.72 or roughly 3/4 of depth
    * 50 degrees - 0.93 or roughly 9/10 of depth
    * 60 degrees - 1.15 x depth
    * 70 degrees - 1.4 x depth
    * 73 degrees - 1.48 x depth
    * 80 degrees - 1.68 x depth
    * 90 degrees - 2 x depth
    * 100 degrees - 2.38 x depth
    * 110 degrees - 2.85 x depth

Based on these approximates, I would say you would see a lot of crap.

Formula: 2*d*TAN((Pi/180)*(ConeAngle/2)) where d=depth and Pi =3.14
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 08-13-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You Canepole. A Lot Of Math. I Did Open The Eagle 245 That Was Given To Me. It Dual Cone Degrees 60 And 120 I Thought It Was Something In The Neighborhood Of Those Figures I'll Try It Today And See.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Rich .....

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    Thank You Canepole. A Lot Of Math. I Did Open The Eagle 245 That Was Given To Me. It Dual Cone Degrees 60 And 120 I Thought It Was Something In The Neighborhood Of Those Figures I'll Try It Today And See.
    Just remember ... the signal comes from your transducer, so you'll have to mentally adjust the depth reading, accordingly (since the transducer bottom is not at the water's surface) .... the actual depth will be the reading on the unit "plus" however deep your transducer is. That is, IF you need to know the actual depth ... from water's surface to the bottom.
    I never actually fooled with doing this, myself ... since I always wanted my bait to be "above" the fish .... so I just used the depth of the fish shown on the unit, and set the bait to go to that depth, thereby using the depth of the transducer as a buffer depth (my transducers were rarely more than 12-18" below the water's surface) and that kept my bait above the fish/cover/bottom.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if Eage has a keel offset option like Lowrance units do, but the cone size differrnce in 12" to 18" would be minimal, based on the equations above.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Don't know if Eage has a keel offset option like Lowrance units do, but the cone size differrnce in 12" to 18" would be minimal, based on the equations above.
    This is true.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all you guys, Eagle is made by Lowerance but with the unit on the TM it's still about a foot difference. it did very well this morning. showed a lot of fish in area;s that I sank PVC tree's did find some that I couldn't find before. so I thank my Grandson for the new Eagle( my son really)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Just remember ... the signal comes from your transducer, so you'll have to mentally adjust the depth reading, accordingly (since the transducer bottom is not at the water's surface) .... the actual depth will be the reading on the unit "plus" however deep your transducer is. That is, IF you need to know the actual depth ... from water's surface to the bottom.
    I never actually fooled with doing this, myself ... since I always wanted my bait to be "above" the fish .... so I just used the depth of the fish shown on the unit, and set the bait to go to that depth, thereby using the depth of the transducer as a buffer depth (my transducers were rarely more than 12-18" below the water's surface) and that kept my bait above the fish/cover/bottom.

... cp
    That looks like a pretty good rule of thumb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast